• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

You Can Only Sign One Player in Free Agency Who Would it Be?

Cwood722

For legal purposes, that "reliable info" doesn't amount to a hill of beans. It is really immaterial. If that could have been used as actual evidence pertinent to his criminal case, then they would have gladly used it. The charges were dropped because the state did not have a case without Holder's testimony. They couldn't find her, whether Hardy paid her or not. Why are we arguing about this?

You're the one that started the debate, so I ask....why do you refuse to accept that they reached a settlement? 

I guess I'd go with Cobb because he's 24. I think we will get a solid OT in the draft. If Dez weren't franchised though he'd be my pick. McCourty and Suh are very tempting though. Hell the Raiders might be able to get them all.

You're the one that started the debate, so I ask....why do you refuse to accept that they reached a settlement?

Well that's not really what I was talking about.

If a settlement was reached (and I say "if" because that is technically and legally the correct thing to do in light of the prosecutor's own words and the law) , the prosecutor will never know what it is. For all anyone knows, Holder and Hardy could have come to any manner of agreement for whatever reasons. Money can't even be legally presumed to have changed hands. All anyone can do is speculate as to what the settlement entailed.

Well that's not really what I was talking about.

If a settlement was reached (and I say "if" because that is technically and legally the correct thing to do in light of the prosecutor's own words and the law) , the prosecutor will never know what it is. For all anyone knows, Holder and Hardy could have come to any manner of agreement for whatever reasons. Money can't even be legally presumed to have changed hands. All anyone can do is speculate as to what the settlement entailed.

Whatever dude....I'm done. You can dance around the words all you want. Everyone with half a brain cell knows what "reliable info of a settlement" means. 

Hardy for a 2 year 10-12 million dollar contract, considering he made 13.---  million last year.  If you take last years salary number divide by it 2 that comes out to 6.5 and change. So basically he's getting 11-13 a million a year on this contract since he played only 1 game last year.  Come on Hardy!!!!

Whatever dude....I'm done. You can dance around the words all you want. Everyone with half a brain cell knows what "reliable info of a settlement" means.

Fine. The nature of American jurisprudence escapes many people.

In the eyes of the law, and more importantly Hardy's now adjudicated case, "reliable info of a settlement" doesn't mean a damned thing, like I said from the beginning.

Archived