• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Kelvin Benjamin 2014 highlights

philw5289

I. Don't. Care.

Call it whatever the hell you want but I'm not impressed. I guess I'm a guy who desires the simpler aspects of football. You know, like holding onto first downs and NOT stalling crucial drives? Yes, there are some 'wow' moments with KB but I don't care much for garbage time stats. I want to see Benjamin be consistent. The rookie excuse isn't going to hold up with me. Both Beckham Jr and Evans performed much better than Kelvin last season.

So, no, I won't be thankful. That'd be settling. Benjamin set the tone early for all rookie WRs but he clocked out half way through the season.

Flame away, Huddle. My stance on Benji's rookie campaign was one of disappointment.

Wow, I also ding KB for the drops but I think he should also be commended for his season in spite of them. His drops were often due to technique, not effort, and we knew he was raw. Overall he performed very well in a very tough situation and has shown the work ethic to get even better. The kid deserves unqualified praise.

I'll be the first to admit that the drops were frustrating, but to call KB's rookie season a disappointment is a statement that is worthy of nothing but ridicule.  If anyone would've asked any of us when we drafted him at #28 if we'd be happy if KB had 1000 receiving yards and 9 TDs as a rookie, every single one of us would've HAPPILY taken that.  There were a lot of posts from posters saying they'd be happy with 600 yards.  Hell, historically, 600 yards is a pretty damn good rookie season for a WR.

1000 yards for a rookie is HUGE.

that read more like an emotional outburst than a real opinion

"bah don't tell me that he was a rookie he dropped some first down balls and well maybe i'm just too old-school and i appreciate the simpler aspects of football (which means my opinion is more valuable and i know more than you) but i wasn't impressed.  i also don't want to acknowledge that he did anything worth a poo as a rookie because that would be mean i'd be settling somehow"

I could maybe at least sort of begin to understand this terrible argument that PF has offered here if Kelvin Benjamin did not have clear good character and an obvious desire to not only want to play here, but improve, and he's very close with our franchise QB.

When you add all the factors in, I'm sorry, but this drivel being offered to argue that KB is a "disappointment" is foolish at best.

Archived