• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Smart Watches

Darth Biscuit

7 days is MUCH better but the screen on that looks like something from 1987...

Can you use it without a phone, that's my biggest pet peeve about them...  like, I'd like to have one that worked with my bluetooth earbuds so that I didn't have to carry my phone around in the gym.  Otherwise it's just another thing to have...

Id like an apple watch but cant justify the price enough to get the wife's blessing. Im just going to get a fitness tracker instead. Thats the function that i really want and the jawbone up24 can be found around $50 on amazon now that the up3 is coming.

I'm curious as to the real purpose of the smart watches?  Is it so you can check things without pulling your phone out?

This leads me to try to make a list of what smart watches "really" do:

1.  Tell your wife you're late at the office while on a date with your mistress?

2.  Discretely check your huddle messages while in a meeting

3.  Yell at you wrist like DIck Tracey?

4.  Max out your D-Bag Score?

5.  Get fitness info back to your iphone like any other fitness band for several times the cost?

What other things can you figure out?

I like the idea of a smart watch, but I'm not sure how useful it would be.  I thought the ipad was stupid to clarify how wrong I am!

I have the Samsung Gear and for what it does I love it. I have a watch when I'm not near my phone (which is mostly never) and as far as charging goes, it's not that big of a deal to charge it at night before I go to bed. I only use about 20% battery during the day anyway. Mine comes with the camera which can record up to 15 seconds and take decent quality photos. When my phone is on my work desk faced down, my wrist vibrates and the message appears on my wrist. 

Archived