• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Someone Explain This Poo To Me

chknwing

His 12.5 million dollar cap hit became fully guaranteed and spread out of the life of the contract (meaning if the cut him in the future it will count immediately against the cap)

Doing things like that is HOW you make a cap situation worse not better they are just borrowing from future years caps in essence.

So you see the stupidity in what you just suggested now?

how about you go sit on your thumb.  you can answer a question without being a twat.

I think another thing to think about is that they are pushing this money down the line at the end of comtracts. End of contracts= older player, player =more injury risk. More injury risk means large devoted cap hits to older, injury prone players because this is a violent sport.

the best way for the saints to stay competitive is to draft well

I think another thing to think about is that they are pushing this money down the line at the end of comtracts. End of contracts= older player, player =more injury risk. More injury risk means large devoted cap hits to older, injury prone players because this is a violent sport.

the best way for the saints to stay competitive is to draft well

The only players to restructure this year are Jimmy Graham, Jairus Byrd, and Junior Galette. Not old players.

I've never seen a restructure of a whole salary that big turned into a signing bonus before

We've done that multiple times to a lesser extent. Specifically with Deangelo, Stew, and Greg Olsen. 

All it means is the Saints are trying to create cap room to make a run while Drew Brees is still around. 3 years from now they are going to implode and cut everyone.

Saints turn Juinor Galettes $12.5 million into signing bonus.  How the hell is that allowed.  And the biggest question, why the hell didn't Dave do this with Deangelo and or Stewart and take carolina out of cap hell earlier.

Besides what's already been said, even if Gettleman wanted to do it, the player has to agree to do it also.

Weren't there reports a couple years ago about Deangelo not being willing to restructure?

I'm just laughing at any Saints fan who thinks this turns out good.

It gives them a chance while they still have Brees. It's going to end with gutting the team regardless but at least they are giving it another go while they have a HOF QB who still has several years left.

It's a good trick for that extra cap boost, but when you kick the can down the road too often eventually you find yourself in a mess.

Actually no if the cap continues to rise each year say 5+ million or what ever it is , its basically doing a yearly payment while your revenue goes up.

It gives them a chance while they still have Brees. It's going to end with gutting the team regardless but at least they are giving it another go while they have a HOF QB who still has several years left.

Exactly. I don't understand what some of these people expect from the Saints. We were irrelevant for 43 fuging years. Are they supposed to just say we don't have the money to field a competitive team around our HOF QB?

I'd be pissed if we weren't going all in. The Panthers and Saints are just at two different stages for the franchise right now.

Archived