• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Sam Bradford + picks traded to Philly for Nick Foles

jamos14

The only thing that I can think of is that Pat Shumur was also the OC in STL the year they drafted him, the year he was ROY.

But that was along time ago. He was injury prone in college and it's proving the same in the Pro's.

I really don't see the value in trading up for Mariotta here using Sam. Why not just draft Marcus themselves.

They're not going to be able to draft Mariota without trading up. He'll be long gone.

They're not going to be able to draft Mariota without trading up. He'll be long gone.

I meant the team they'd be trading with. Who would want Sam that badly, id take Marcus over Sam all day everyday. Just a crazy trade IMO. I see literally no value in Sam today with his injury history.

I meant the team they'd be trading with. Who would want Sam that badly, id take Marcus over Sam all day everyday. Just a crazy trade IMO. I see literally no value in Sam today with his injury history.

It would be a part of a big package and a team that has a lot of holes would probably want to trade back if they got enough in return. A team like the Titans or Jets could probably get 2-3 1sts, a couple 2nds maybe, and Bradford could be thrown in as well. Chip Kelly really wants his guy and will send everything he can to get him. If I'm another team I'd be ecstatic moving down a bit and picking up a half dozen draft picks in the first couple rounds. Bradford's just a low risk high reward addition, and I personally believe he has wayyyy more upside and potential than Foles.

Philly came out ahead on this deal,in my opinion.

Maybe, but I don't see much benefit for either side.  Eagles get an average qb who is injury prone.  Rams get an average qb who hasn't played as much, but did miss some time with injuries this year.  Rams get a couple of picks, Eagles get one, maybe two.  Seems to me the teams swapped problems.  Seems like they swapped a late model Sedan for another late Model Sedan. 

The Rams did free up a little bit of cap space.  Who knows, maybe they will now send Foles and a 1st round pick.to New Orleans for Brees.  :)

Maybe, but I don't see much benefit for either side.  Eagles get an average qb who is injury prone.  Rams get an average qb who hasn't played as much, but did miss some time with injuries this year.  Rams get a couple of picks, Eagles get one, maybe two.  Seems to me the teams swapped problems.  Seems like they swapped a late model Sedan for another late Model Sedan. 

The Rams did free up a little bit of cap space.  Who knows, maybe they will now send Foles and a 1st round pick.to New Orleans for Brees.  :)

You hit on the benefit for the Rams--cap space.  That is why I think they won this deal.  I also like Foles better, but I see both sides of that coin.

Chip got RAPED.  He gave up Foles, a 4th this year and a 2nd next year for Bradford and a conditional pick that maxes out at a 3rd rounder. 

When I first heard the trade I figured the Eagles would be the team getting the draft picks. Then I heard a swap of 4th and 5ths and I just figured well Chip just wanted Bradford bad for some weird reason. Then when I found out they gave up a second rounder too I about shat myself from LOLing so hard.

Fisher has to laughing his ass off tonight. I don't know if Foles is the answer for them but Bradford sure wasn't. Saved 13 mill too.

When I first heard the trade I figured the Eagles would be the team getting the draft picks. Then I heard a swap of 4th and 5ths and I just figured well Chip just wanted Bradford bad for some weird reason. Then when I found out they gave up a second rounder too I about shat myself from LOLing so hard.

Fisher has to laughing his ass off tonight. I don't know if Foles is the answer for them but Bradford sure wasn't. Saved 13 mill too.

This. 

When I first heard the trade, I thought it was Foles for Bradford and the Rams' 2nd rounder.  I thought that was a pretty decent deal for the Eagles.  But, once the full details came out?  LOL! 

My poor buddy is a huge Eagles fan, every bit as big of an Eagles fan as I am a Panthers fan, and he texted me when the details were still murky, "The more and more that comes out about this trade the more I feel like Chip got screwed."  Hours after the full details became available he texted, "I'm still stunned at badly the Rams used Chip.  You guys should probably call him up.  Maybe he'd give you a 3rd and 4th for Cotchery."

Archived