• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

NFL Free Agency Update Thread

Mr. Scot

Rapsheet reporting the Patriots (reigning Super Bowl champions) are very, very interested in CJ Spiller and Percy Harvin

Their franchise QB is 37.  Our franchise QB is 25.  They know they're likely to go through a bit of a rebuilding period soon, so they're probably a little more willing to take chances.  We're trying to build a perennial contender for the next decade.  In other words, we're trying to become what the Pats have been under Brady/Belichick while the Pats are trying to hang onto it for another season or two.

Buccaneers Release OT Anthony Collins

Tampa Bay Buccaneers have released offensive tackle Anthony Collins

Recent reports had said that the Bucs were shopping Collins around the league, but it appears as though they couldn’t find any takers.

Collins, 29 signed a five-year, $30 million contract that included $15 million guaranteed with the Buccaneers, but was limited to appearing in just 10 games during his first in Tampa Bay.

According to OverTheCap.com, releasing Collins would free up $6 million in available cap space and create no dead money.

Pro Football Focus has Collins rated as the No. 63 offensive tackle out of 84 qualifying players. Although, he was rated as a decent run blocker.

Torrey Smith just got 8. So who, that has walked already, are you talking about?

Eddie Royal for one is gone, Harvin is on the Patriot's Wish List, and Smith got 8 million which is only a million above where I just mentioned (not a big leap). I think that pretty much wraps up the players I was hopeful for. There are a few other names I forgot who but they are being mentioned with other teams. It looks like we are staying put with Bersin as our number 2 receiver for now.

With all the player for player trades that have happened so far, has me wondering who, if anyone, on our roster could be up for grabs to find a decent OT or WR. Honestly can't think of anyone though 

I can think of some, but no way in hell I'd give them up.  Well... maybe

I don't want to overpay for FAs or anything but acting like the Panthers are a team to look at when building a team is pretty much laughable...we had a losing season last year and still no back to back winning seasons. Gettleman looks like the right guy going forward but he is 50/50 in free agency with a good year and a bad year. The draft is where he has been money which is great.

But we are still a team that loses one of its best players for nothing while even shitters like the Saints get 1st round picks for their top players when they trade them. We've lost two of our best DEs ever for nothing at all...this team is a joke when it comes to trades and managing their top tier players.(Smitty situation among them)

I think the future is bright and we're going in the right direction but people like Mr. Scot seem to think we've arrived when our only claim to fame atm is playing Seattle tough....spare me.

Eddie Royal for one is gone, Harvin is on the Patriot's Wish List, and Smith got 8 million which is only a million above where I just mentioned (not a big leap). I think that pretty much wraps up the players I was hopeful for. There are a few other names I forgot who but they are being mentioned with other teams. It looks like we are staying put with Bersin as our number 2 receiver for now.

Bersin was never our #2 WR.  Harvin is a locker room disaster.  It'll take locker room leaders like Brady and Belichick to even have a chance of keeping that guy in check.  I love Cam and (to a lesser extent) Rivera, but they don't have the type of clout around the league that Brady and Belichick have.  Not even close.  There's a reason why despite all his talent Harvin can't stick anywhere.

So out of all the receivers available 1 is gone? I didn't say 5-7 you did so 8 is out of your own range. And I don't disagree with you necessarily that we won't go get a receiver of note but to name Bersin as the #2 is just the kind of hyperbole that undermines any rational argument you were trying to make.

So now you're flexible?  5-7 range, but 8, 9, and 10 are okay to...

Now don't crucify me about what I am about to bring up. Do you guys think if Hardy didn't get much action that if we had an opportunity to get him for less than the rest would we try to pick him up or leave him to not play? Just a thought since it can be possible.

Now don't crucify me about what I am about to bring up. Do you guys think if Hardy didn't get much action that if we had an opportunity to get him for less than the rest would we try to pick him up or leave him to not play? Just a thought since it can be possible.

Hardy's not coming back.

Archived