• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Alan "Blue Balls" Ball leaves Panther offer on table

CubsWin

No one is gonna play for peanuts

For a guy that has spent a good chunk of his career on crummy teams you'd think he'd jump at the chance to play for a team that has won back to back division titles and is the easy favorite to win it again.  

What happen to this? Any update? I'm ready to let him do his own thing.... either you want to be here or not...someone offers you a starting spot on a dominate defense what do you do? leave?????

It's not uncommon for this to happen at all.  Money talks.

lol really he's coming a team that is going no where, and he had a season ending injury last year, honest we are the ones taking the chance ........ he can go I rather draft someone cheaper that will work harder.

Just because you don't like it, doesn't make it any less true.  He's the one that has to look out for himself, and his family.  I'd shop around to.  I'd like for him to come here and have a shot, but if not... oh well.

this isn't about money he wants a long term deal....

It most certainly is about money.  Long term deal, or not, money is one of the top priorities.  A player may be willing to take a little less to play with a better team, but the difference won't be huge.

It most certainly is about money. Long term deal, or not, money is one of the top priorities. A player may be willing to take a little less to play with a better team, but the difference won't be huge.

So you don't think 2 mil for is considering the vet min is like 800,000...I'm just saying if money was the issue then he would have already went to the highest bidder.......

So you don't think 2 mil for is considering the vet min is like 800,000...I'm just saying if money was the issue then he would have already went to the highest bidder.......

All I'm telling you is that he is shopping around.  Whether is one other team, or five, I don't know.  Money is a huge factor in it.  You can't say it isn't about the money, because it almost always is.  Other things factor in, but that's the biggest.  All players do this, from the stars, to those we consider "nobodies."  Nothing out of the ordinary going on here.  Just like last year, people left without contracts, and then ended up with the team a little later.

All I'm telling you is that he is shopping around. Whether is one other team, or five, I don't know. Money is a huge factor in it. You can't say it isn't about the money, because it almost always is. Other things factor in, but that's the biggest. All players do this, from the stars, to those we consider "nobodies." Nothing out of the ordinary going on here. Just like last year, people left without contracts, and then ended up with the team a little later.

ok you win..... I'm ready for the draft!

Archived