• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

So Whatever Happened to That DB We Drafted from WV?

SetfreexX

He had problems in WVU. Coach Stewart kicked him off the team once due too it.  As far as WVU players go their where a few for awhile that was marginal knowledge base due to Coach Rodriguez standards of recruiting.  But that has changed for the most part under Holgerson.  As far as White goes he should excel in the NFL he has a good football knowledge and can learn faster than previous WR from WVU. 

I usually don't entertain ignorance on the main forum but this post is full of dumb.  How many times have you been to WVU?  How the hell do you know shat about it?  You want to talk ACC academic "standards" then lets bring up ACC sweetheart Tarheels academic "standards".  You "think" WVU players have trouble grasping playbooks!  You "think" because you don't have a fugging clue!  Don't post ignorant dumbshit and not expect to get called out.          

Name one WVU player that was worth a sh1t in the NFL

And I'm serious about academics being the reason WVU isn't in the ACC. WVU wanted in the ACC during the realignments and the ACC said no - even though it makes perfect sense geographically. They almost didn't want to let Louisville in due to their Academic standards but they bring WAY too much to the table athletically to pass them up. 

Name one WVU player that was worth a sh1t in the NFL

Easy. Tavon Austin, Stedman Bailey, Pat McAfee and how about a fella named Bruce Irvin?

There are several others, but those are the most recognized at the moment.

Past players include guys like Jeff Hostetler (Super Bowl champion QB, Darryl Talley (went to the Bills four Super Bowls), Renaldo Turnbull (a member of the Dome Patrol with Sam Mills), Marc Bulger (took over the Greatest Show on Turf from Kurt Warner), Alvoid Mays (Super Bowl champ with the Oilers), Mike Compton, Rich Braham, John Thornton, Solomon Page, Owen Schmitt, Amos Zereoue, Anthony Becht, Chuck Howley, Hall of Famer Sam Huff and our own Todd Sauerbrun.

And while we're at it, let's not forget that WVU just a few years back beat a Hakeem Nicks led UNC team in a bowl game. They also embarrassed Clemson in a 70 point beatdown.

Easy. Tavon Austin, Stedman Bailey, Pat McAfee and how about a fella named Bruce Irvin?

There are several others, but those are the most recognized at the moment.

Past players include guys like Jeff Hostetler (Super Bowl champion QB, Darryl Talley (went to the Bills four Super Bowls), Renaldo Turnbull (a member of the Dome Patrol with Sam Mills), Marc Bulger (took over the Greatest Show on Turf from Kurt Warner), Alvoid Mays (Super Bowl champ with the Oilers), Mike Compton, Rich Braham, John Thornton, Solomon Page, Owen Schmitt, Amos Zereoue, Anthony Becht, Chuck Howley, Hall of Famer Sam Huff and our own Todd Sauerbrun.

And while we're at it, let's not forget that WVU just a few years back beat a Hakeem Nicks led UNC team in a bowl game. They also embarrassed Clemson in a 70 point beatdown.

So the best pro is a punter?

McAfee is a great follow on Twitter BTW.

So the best pro is a punter?

McAfee is a great follow on Twitter BTW.

He is a great follow. If you want to go throwback Jeff Hostetler was a super bowl champion quarterback. I'm not of a fan of this guy but Adam "pacman" jones has had a troubled but talented career. As far as the ivy league ACC goes, WVU chose the Big 12 over the ACC. The competition and success of the Big 12 colleges exceeds the ACC and Financially it was more profitable. I'm OK with WVU being on par academically with the universities in the big 12. Those established, academically advanced programs accepted WVU with no issue. Besides WVU wanted to compete in a league dominant in Football. That is something the ACC can't match.

He is a great follow. If you want to go throwback Jeff Hostetler was a super bowl champion quarterback. I'm not of a fan of this guy but Adam "pacman" jones has had a troubled but talented career. As far as the ivy league ACC goes, WVU chose the Big 12 over the ACC. The competition and success of the Big 12 colleges exceeds the ACC and Financially it was more profitable. I'm OK with WVU being on par academically with the universities in the big 12. Those established, academically advanced programs accepted WVU with no issue. Besides WVU wanted to compete in a league dominant in Football. That is something the ACC can't match.

Dominant in football? The B12?

You mean Lawrence Taylor?

Nah.  Bruce Irvin.

If you need help distinguishing the two, Irvin is the one who...

- actually won his Super Bowl ring in this century / millenium

-  isn't a crackhead

- never got caught with an underage prostitute

- went to a school that isn't mired in numerous academic scandals

- went to a school whose football team competes in an athletic conference vastly superior to the ACC

Hope that helps you understand who I meant.

Archived