• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Darryl Baldwin OT Ohio State

rmoneyg35

Recently I read on Espn.com that we are looking at another offensive linemen from Ohio State, his name is Darryl Baldwin. A fifth year redshirt senior played defensive linemen before being switched over to the offensive side. He was a back up to guys like Jack Mewhort until his senior year where he finally got a starting job at right tackle. Baldwin is projected to be a late round pick to UDFA. He is 6'6, 308 pounds which is a pretty good size for a tackle. Heres some Info on the guy since it's hard to find any.

http://bleacherreport.com/tb/dgfcB

http://www.cleveland.com/osu/index.ssf/2014/03/darryl_baldwin_ohio_state_buck.html

http://www.nfldraftscout.com/ratings/dsprofile.php?pyid=105054&draftyear=2015&genpos=OT

A TON of guys switch positions in college.

There's only so many hours in a day and Matsko will already have his hands full re-training Oher, trying to develop Chandler more, and the 3 or 4 rookies he's going to have from the draft and UDFAs. No thanks.

There's only so many hours in a day and Matsko will already have his hands full re-training Oher, trying to develop Chandler more, and the 3 or 4 rookies he's going to have from the draft and UDFAs. No thanks.

He's had three years of OL training at a program known for churning out good pro linemen.

I wouldn't worry too much.

He's had three years of OL training at a program known for churning out good pro linemen.

I wouldn't worry too much.

This.  It's not like he just changed positions last offseason.  Three years of OL seasoning at a program like OSU is pretty damn significant.

Like I said, this happens a LOT in college.  Guys gain a bunch of weight or there's a big need elsewhere or there's a talent overload at a particular position and guys get moved around.

Sorry I meant to put this thread in the NFL draft forum.

We've already got a converted D-Lineman trying to play O-Tackle. Baldwin will take too long to train for his first team, but might be good for his second team. Let's be his second team instead of his first.

He's going to either be a very late round pick or UDFA. You don't exactly get starting material but rather project players when it comes to UDFA and latter rounds. Sometimes players come into the NFL and have no trouble adjusting so there is always a chance he works out but the kid has good physical traits and has already had 3 years on offense. Add some professional training and he may end up a decent NFL tackle.

Archived