• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

From Bridgewater to Newton...but...

Jeremy Igo

Sometimes I see things swaying way too far to the positive and I feel the need to quell expectations a bit.

Yes, he is an upgrade over Cotchery. But not as big an upgrade as many think.

An upgrade is an upgrade though. I'll take one anywhere we can get it. Cotchery let us down in cincy and quit on a route against AZ.. Jennings hopefully doesn't do those things

An upgrade is an upgrade though. I'll take one anywhere we can get it. Cotchery let us down in cincy and quit on a route against AZ.. Jennings hopefully doesn't do those things

Oh, I agree. But lets not pretend this move gives the Panthers a good offense finally. It doesn't, and it won't until either Shula improves or is replaced. 

Oh, I agree. But lets not pretend this move gives the Panthers a good offense finally. It doesn't, and it won't until either Shula improves or is replaced.

The worst thing about last year and this craptastic division championship is that it secured his job this year. Shula is holding us back and we can't get rid of him

The worst thing about last year and this craptastic division championship is that it secured his job this year. Shula is holding us back and we can't get rid of him

I agree. Hopefully, if we don't do well this upcoming season he will be fired, but I highly doubt it.

Cotchery went for 580 yards and 1 TD last year...I don't think it's too crazy to think Jennings can go for 700 yards, and 3 or 4 TDs. 

KB - 1,000

Olsen - 900

Jennings - 700

And then throw another 1,000 or so between Philly, Ginn, and a draft pick, unless it's Strong who I'd expect more from. 

AT WORST, Jennings comes in and is a better version of Cotchery. If he's a low-end #2, so be it, it's better than what we had. And that's without the draft where we may luck into a guy like Strong. That's still a major upgrade over throwing Bersin and Cotchery on the field together. 

Cotchery went for 580 yards and 1 TD last year...I don't think it's too crazy to think Jennings can go for 700 yards, and 3 or 4 TDs.

KB - 1,000

Olsen - 900

Jennings - 700

And then throw another 1,000 or so between Philly, Ginn, and a draft pick, unless it's Strong who I'd expect more from.

AT WORST, Jennings comes in and is a better version of Cotchery. If he's a low-end #2, so be it, it's better than what we had. And that's without the draft where we may luck into a guy like Strong. That's still a major upgrade over throwing Bersin and Cotchery on the field together.

Hope u r right

Archived