• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

From Bridgewater to Newton...but...

Jeremy Igo

Shula could be better in some situations but my goodness at the crap coming out of ya'lls mouth.

"Cam missed a lot of passes"  Shula's fault?

"All Cams receivers drop passes continually"  Shula's fault?

"Our line can't open a hole to save its life"   Shula's fault?

"Our OT's are revolving doors"  Shula's fault?

Some of you GM's should recognize that our personnel on the filed left a lot to be desired as far as execution of ANY play.  If you can't block, catch or throw, then it limits you as an OC as to your success.

Again, yes, I agree that on paper he made some predictable calls, but I am not going to lump all our offensive woes on him.

Bridgewater's mastery of the pocket is what really impressed me. Although he's mobile, you never see him run into a rush unless the pocket collapse immediately. His accuracy is also uncanny. The kid couldn't complete less than 60% of his passes even if he tried. Any upgrade of the OL and he could consistently complete 65% of his passes.

My biggest fear is that we upgrade our OL and Cam end up getting exposed. To be honest, I'm not 100% sure our problem was always the OL. Just saying

Its clear after one season Bridgewater has proven he is the better QB. Even comparing Cam to Bridgewater is foolish because of the skill he posses. Bridgewater,Luck,and Tannihill all are better than Cam because states don't lie. Still we are stuck with cam but it's clear he will never be a good QB and will be able to carry his team.

Really? Cam is never going to stack up to the new flavor of the month huh? I guess we should give Cams ROY to Bridgwater.

I think we'll either see the offense explode next year or it's going to implode and Shula could be fired mid-season.  No doubt with a healthy Stewart and an upgrade at WR #2 to go with Olsen and Benjamin, the offense could be very good.  But at the same time it's Mike Shula running the show so we could four verticals on a 3rd and 1.  

I won't say it's all Shula's fault, obviously, that's the reason we need weapons on offense.  That said, he does little to get the most out of the personnel given.  When our RB's and o-line were injured it was square peg in round hole continuously by running the ball and calling deep passes to Cotchery and KB.  If we had Tom Brady in his prime with Megatron and Fitzgerald in their prime on the outside and Darrin Reaves in the backfield, I would bet money he'd still be a 60% run OC.  Guys who can not manipulate their system to fit their personnel do poorly in the NFL because (as we saw last year), plans change and you have to make adjustments.  He didn't make adjustments, what happened was the personnel he needed to succeed in his gameplan got healthy and they did a "better" job executing it even though it was still a fairly poor Gameplan. Jennings will be an improvement as our #2, but he also can only do so much if he's not put into a situation to succeed.

Archived