• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

same as last year, Rivera says Cam has got to become a more sound QB

gettlemanjack

I wasn't the one claiming Cam had the record.

But your the one claiming Dalton surrounding cast is even with Cam's and have yet to admit you were wrong..

So please hang on to the one point you were giving 3 pages ago..

It makes this look worse. .n

Who does Brady have? Outside of T.Y. Hilton, there is nothing in IND. SEA has Lynch and that's it. Falcons have Julio and nothing else. Bucs? SF had only a TE. I mean there are QBs out there who have had to make do with average talent. Cam is not the only one.

Who does Brady have? A solid and talented offensive line, the best TE in the game, a match-up nightmare in Edelman and a reliable target in LaFell coupled with a bruiser to pick up tough yards in Blount and they had Vereen who killed teams out of the backfield. Brady is an all-time great and can win the big game without a great supporting cast although his is still pretty dang good. 

Luck has T.Y...two decent TE's that were drafted to grow and develop with him in Fleener and Allen. The two aren't on Olsen's level but they are effective in the red zone. Wayne slowed way down but was still a good player Luck's first couple years in the league when he was healthy. He's got a better line although not great and Moncrief was drafted early and displayed some of his talents last year. 

Seattle has the most dominant running game in the league. Their supporting cast is weak around Wilson but when you have a legendary defense, a dominant ground attack, they don't need a whole lot else to win a Super Bowl (proven). Their receivers always seem to burn us. 

Falcons are pretty void of talent, I will give you that. I'd trade anyone on our offense outside of Cam for Julio. Roddy is still pretty good and Harry Douglas was better than anything we had at the position outside of Kelvin. They brought in a talented LT in Matthews to groom. He will get better and I suspect takes a big step forward this next season. 

Of course there are QBs out there with average talent, but I'd be lying if I told you I was satisfied with what they have put around Cam since being here. Sure, the defense turned around and that is a huge asset to have... but we have wrote the book on "How Not to Develop a Young Franchise QB in the NFL." I really hope that changes this off-season. I've never seen a team put less around a young quarterback on the offensive side of the ball. 

Who does Brady have? A solid and talented offensive line, the best TE in the game, a match-up nightmare in Edelman and a reliable target in LaFell coupled with a bruiser to pick up tough yards in Blount and they had Vereen who killed teams out of the backfield. Brady is an all-time great and can win the big game without a great supporting cast although his is still pretty dang good. 

Luck has T.Y...two decent TE's that were drafted to grow and develop with him in Fleener and Allen. The two aren't on Olsen's level but they are effective in the red zone. Wayne slowed way down but was still a good player Luck's first couple years in the league when he was healthy. He's got a better line although not great and Moncrief was drafted early and displayed some of his talents last year. 

Seattle has the most dominant running game in the league. Their supporting cast is weak around Wilson but when you have a legendary defense, a dominant ground attack, they don't need a whole lot else to win a Super Bowl (proven). 

Falcons are pretty void of talent, I will give you that. I'd trade anyone on our offense outside of Cam for Julio. Roddy is still pretty good and Harry Douglas was better than anything we had at the position outside of Kelvin. 

Of course there are QBs out there with average talent, but I'd be lying if I told you I was satisfied with what they have put around Cam since being here. Sure, the defense turned around and that is a huge asset to have... but we have wrote the book on "How Not to Develop a Young Franchise QB in the NFL." I really hope that changes this off-season. I've never seen a team put less around a young quarterback on the offensive side of the ball. 

Cam has a probowl TE, a bruising running game featuring Tolbert, Stew with change of pace back in Fozzy. A solid #1 WR in Benjamin and a trusted possession receiver in Cotchery. Not to mention a mauling offensive line (lacking only a true LT). Our defense is not a joke also, having finished top 10 in the last three seasons.

It's easy to see the grass greener on the other side.

Seattle has the most dominant running game in the league. Their supporting cast is weak around Wilson but when you have a legendary defense, a dominant ground attack, they don't need a whole lot else to win a Super Bowl (proven). Their receivers always seem to burn us.

Falcons are pretty void of talent, I will give you that. I'd trade anyone on our offense outside of Cam for Julio. Roddy is still pretty good and Harry Douglas was better than anything we had at the position outside of Kelvin. They brought in a talented LT in Matthews to groom. He will get better and I suspect takes a big step forward this next season.

I'd take LUCK'S 2nd ans 3rd wr over everybody but KB..

And what is Russell Stats compare to Cam..

Russell is better in some stats but Cam is better in others right. .

Cam has a probowl TE, a bruising running game featuring Tolbert, Stew with change of pace back in Fozzy. A solid #1 WR in Benjamin and a trusted possession receiver in Cotchery. Not to mention a mauling offensive line (lacking only a true LT). Our defense is not a joke also, having finished top 10 in the last three seasons.

What are you talking about??

What Cam has going into this season or what he has last season? ?

Because he didn't have that running game most of the season. . EACH rb missed games... We had Street FA at one time starting... Do you not remember? ?

Our Oline had 9 different line up changes until the last 3 games of the season. .

Cotchery sucks balls!@

You have to remove the homer glasses just a little bit. Olsen is the best asset this offense has outside of Cam. He's probably about the only guy other fan bases would be salivating over if he was made available in a trade and would be seen as an immediate upgrade at the TE position for every team outside of New England and Seattle. Tolbert is not who he was when he first got here and every team in the league has their version of Fozzy. Stewart is good, when healthy, but that is rare and no other team in the league would pay that salary he is getting. He's not AP. He's not Jamal. He's not DeMarco or Shady until I actually seem him be a workhorse for 16 games and have production on their levels. I wouldn't exactly call Kelvin a true #1 yet. He's certainly our #1 right now but he is inconsistent, still pretty raw, and his drops are a real concern. I think he will develop into a top 10 receiver but he is not that right now. Cotchery? Really? He's our number two? He wouldn't be a number two on any other team in the league. Offensive line finished strong but they are still amongst the league's worst as a unit. We desperately need Norwell and Turner to continue to improve if we want at least the interior to be secure. I'm not sold on Remmers as a long-term solution at RT and Oher isn't the long-term answer at LT. Thankfully there is a draft coming up and free-agency is not over...but right now boasting the likes of Tolbert, Fozzy, Cotchery isn't doing you any favors. Draft a receiver or tackle in the first, a tackle or receiver in the second, have some young guys develop and we are on the right track. 

Don't get me wrong...I love what Dave has done on the defensive side of the ball, but they can get the job done with the personnel they already have assuming some young guys in the secondary develop and Kony does as well. I hope we take a safety in the mid-rounds again and another young outside backer, but I'm going to have a very hard time supporting another draft of defensive players in the first or second rounds. 

You know what you have in Cam Newton. If you like it, he is the franchise. If you don't, deal him for something to a team who wants to work with him.

Stop trying to change Cam's game. Let Cam be Cam and win with it. Otherwise, part ways.

Bill Walsh made it known that while he had a system designed for the offense, the thing about Montana is he would have those moments he went away from the design. Walsh wanted that in his offense. You live with the failures and learn from them.

Tom Landry was known for his system over player mentality. It wasn't until he trusted his gut and went with Staubach who would deviate from the system at times that he won a Super Bowl.

The lesson is to embrace the failures of your QB if you believe he is the one to lead the franchise. It will make all the difference. It was the coaches who needed to accept their players, change their mindset, and trust in their players perceived flaws. The coaches needed to become more sound to win championships.

Let Cam be Cam!!!

I love how these threads quickly morph into counter attacks against Rivera and everyone's whipping boy, Shula , without acknowledging the elephant in the room.

LOL you're funny.

That "elephant" gets acknowledged every goddam minute of every goddam day in this zoo.

But, by all means, lets keep saying that "elephant" doesn't get any attention in this room!

Archived