• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

SB Nation does not have a clue

Jmac

I dont even know where to begin with this.... So because Kony Ealy didn't start a lot of games last season, he's a mediocre pick? I'd rather him learn the position and grow into it than just throw him out there in the first game.

Let's also not forget that Ron can be a bit stubborn with pulling veteran players and inserting rookies into their positions. 

the guy you quoted makes aceboogie look like the president of the gettleman fanclub

he also predicted that byron bell and nate chandler would be our starting tackle combo for the next few years because "gettleman loves them so much" so take his razor sharp insight into building an NFL roster with that in mind

Isn't SBNation a place where fans can write out their terrible opinions and stir up conversation?

So basically this "article" is almost as good as a PanthersUnited topic.

Isn't SB Nation where that Bucs/UF fan wrote an article about how Cam was the WORST overall #1 pick ever before Cam ever played a down? While simultaneously extolling the virtues of future HoFer Tim Te- bow? And then promising to walk around the Bucs stadium in his underwear if Cam ever had any success?

Isn't SB Nation where that Bucs/UF fan wrote an article about how Cam was the WORST overall #1 pick ever before Cam ever played a down? While simultaneously extolling the virtues of future HoFer Tim Te- bow? And then promising to walk around the Bucs stadium in his underwear if Cam ever had any success?

oh man i love posting that article.

it was on bleacher report actually:

Cam Newton is a sure-fire bust. I am so certain of this that if he is the Panthers' starting quarterback in 2016, I will buy a Cam Newton jersey and stand in the stadium parking lot in my underwear when the Panthers come to Tampa Bay and hold a sign proclaiming that Auburn rules over Florida and Carolina rules over Tampa Bay.

This guy will be long gone by then. Here are just a few of the reasons why I believe he will make Ryan Leaf only the second-biggest draft bust in history.

and on and on:

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/694994-carolina-panther-cam-newton-is-the-worst-nfl-draft-pick-ever

e: i'm dying guys

How can an NFL franchise waste a No. 1 draft pick on a guy with this many question marks? Last year all we heard was how The Golden Calf of Bristol was not worth risking a first-round pick because of his throwing motion—not just the top pick, but anywhere in the top 32. Name another issue with The Golden Calf of Bristol. Character? Please. Intelligence? No. Accuracy? Not really. Yet somehow because he came from a spread system he was deemed unworthy of a top pick. Guess what system Cam came from.

oh no i just read his profile and he's welching on his bet!

And by the way, I will not be showing up to any games in sCam jersey in 2016. I am not going to be held responsible after last night for the Panther's coaching staff being too stupid to bench this bust. I'd bench him next week. What is he 2-6-1? His back up is 1-0. Time for him to start

he's just some dumbass wal mart florida gator homer and teboner fan

There is more to a draft, than just drafting players. The quantity as well as the quality of the players count. Gettleman has missed on some quality, and has missed on a lot when it comes to quantity.

Based on production and starts by a drafted player the Panthers rank 20th with a 48 point value on their picks over the 2013 and 2014 drafts.

The top team is Green Bay with a 91 point value for their picks. Nearly doubling the Panthers draft pick production.

Puts it into perspective using measurable values instead of opinion.

For example, no matter how you subjectively view AJ Klein or Kony Ealy they have not started games or produced near as much as other teams draft picks over the same time. You can talk someone up all you want, but until they produce at the same level as other players they will not carry the same value as those players who are producing.

Think of it as return on investment to date.

So if by solid you are stating he has done an average/mediocre job in the draft. I agree. Other GMs have had strong and good drafts - better than solid.

I wouldn't expect AJ Klein to start over Davis and Kuechly

I wouldn't expect Kony Ealy to start over Charles Johnson / Greg Hardy or even Addison

I don't hold having rookies earn their keep against GMan

Early days, but Gettleman tops the table for draft picks who become all rookies with 27.27%, with 3 out of 11 picks.

Potentially with Star, Short, Turner, Boston, and Benjamin he's drafted guys who've become contributors on this team. And plucked some undrafted gems like Norwell and White as well.

So I've no idea how SB nation come to the conclusion they have...

oh man i love posting that article.

it was on bleacher report actually:

and on and on:

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/694994-carolina-panther-cam-newton-is-the-worst-nfl-draft-pick-ever

e: i'm dying guys

My favorite part: "In five years, when The Golden Calf of Bristol is leading Denver into the playoffs and Cam Newton is riding someone's bench, remember this article."

Don't worry, I will remember this article.

Archived