• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Phillip Dorsett to meet with Panthers

LUUUUUKE

Mel Kiper has Dorsett going 1st Round, writing:

"Dorsett is a Porsche in terms of acceleration and the ability to start fast and stop quickly. ... [he] can consistently create space with quickness ... He also can beat you deep if you let him to run in a straight line."

http://caneswatch.blog.palmbeachpost.com/2015/02/11/phillip-dorsett-a-first-round-talent-mel-kiper-jr-says-yes/

i think he would be the ideal 3rd round pick.

That would be fantastic and he's a guy I wanted there before the draft process started. I'd be absolutely floored if he was there now. Id probably take him in the second but there will probably be someone there I like a little more. He's not even in the conversation in the 1st for me and I'm really surprised to hear the momentum for him there.

Really, really like Dorsett but don't see him as a 1st for us. If he is somehow there in the 2nd, can't imagine anyone else being the BPA.

Elite speed, polished route runner, willing blocker and showed much improved hands in his senior year. Not really a run zone threat but can go up and get it as well. Not afraid to be physical with the ball in or out his hands.

Of course his height and frame is the main knock on him(why I think he's more of a day 2 guy), but would be such a nice piece to our offense as we have Olsen and KB for the more physical type catching/plays. Honestly if he slips in the 2nd I'm pro trading up a couple spots for him. 

Well a few of us already know the answer to that but nice bait top dawg haha.

It's just all speculation based on his short history as GM, so I don't know how anyone can say anything with any surety. One thing about it: both have done enough on tape to warrant further examination, and both are coming to Charlotte to compete for Gettleman's eye.

Tony Pauline:

"The day belonged to receiver Phillip Dorsett. ... Dorsett blistered in the 40 ... Afterward, Dorsett was nothing short of sensational during position drills. He ran crisp routes, caught everything thrown in his direction and most importantly, practiced to his 40 time. People who've been attending Hurricane pro days for more than a decade told me Dorsett's performance today was the best they've ever witnessed at a Miami pro day. Yesterday I reported Dorsett had dinner with the New Orleans Saints. Today I can tell you they are bringing the speedy wideout in for a visit. I can also inform that head coach Sean Payton and Jeff Ireland were on the sidelines gushing over Dorsett and talked about what a great fit the receiver would be for their offense."

http://walterfootball.com/proday.php

Archived