• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Hardy's Panthers workout "went very well"

jdpanther5

By NFL standards, he's slow and he's short. But that son of a bitch catches everything thrown to him. And he will outwork any person you put next to him.

Watching that kid grow up from nothing has been motivating...and to the OP that said he doesn't like ECU I don't really know or care why - but it's walk ons turned stars like Hardy and Carden that make me love the place.

Now Carden is a scrub. Should not even be drafted. Hardy is the NFL talent. 

Now Carden is a scrub. Should not even be drafted. Hardy is the NFL talent. 

May get drafted may not but I anticipate he will...either way he'll have a fine career as a backup. I think calling him a scrub is a little ridiculous but no one  anticipated him to be a starter in the league at any point

His stats are definitely a product of the system. He doesn't have an arm at all but he does accurately hit NFL routes...but in order to be even a backup you have to do that. He isn't throwing any darts in to tight coverages down the field, however.

What he brings is smarts, good adaptability, understanding of reading defensive concepts. ECU's system relies heavily upon QB checks at the line, which is why so many folks are worried about Shane leaving. They don't huddle, and there is constant communication between the OC and the QB from the sideline to the LOS, but before that ball is snapped the QB ultimately chooses which play from a select series of plays is going to be run - unless you're in a specific play-calling situation (red zone, third and long, 4th down conversion, etc). In order to succeed in the Mike Leach-type offenses you do have to be very smart and accurate. The issue is, most of the passes he throws are comebacks, slants, in's, out's, and screens.

yeah, he definitely is a system quarterback. However, scrub and trash are overreactions.

But this is a Hardy thread I don't want to derail it by talking about Shane Carden, my answer is no he isn't a blue chip NFL QB. But he also isn't a scrub or trash...answer lies somewhere in btwn.

I'd go practice squad as well.  

It wouldn't surprise me, but like I said I really do anticipate he gets drafted..just because someone is bound to like him if they've got an extra or comp pick in the 5-7 rounds.

I also just want to add to everyone, don't count out Justin Hardy's partner in crime Cam Worthy either. Another guy with sure hands

There really are a lot of WR's in this draft, and if we don't take one on Day 1 people really shouldn't get their panties in a wad.

Archived