• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Another Mock for Your Consideration...

CatalystNX

1st: Eddie Goldman, DT, Florida State: I realize there are a good number of users here who would have a cerebral hemorrhage if we were to draft a DT in the 1st round. However, Eddie Goldman is a fuging monster. I've liked him for a while, but never considered he was someone we'd pick. The fact that we met extensively with him recently says otherwise. Put a DT rotation of Star, Short, Goldman, Dwan Edwards, and Colin Cole on the field and it keeps the interior DL fresh and always ready to get after the offense. It also helps our defensive ends generate more pass rush. It's certainly not a need-based pick, but that doesn't mean it wouldn't be a good one.

2nd: Cedric Ogbuehi, OT, Texas A&M: I've felt for a while that targeting Ogbuehi in the 2nd round is our best bet to find a franchise left tackle in this draft. If not for the ACL injury he'd be a 1st rounder for sure and likely a high one. If we can get him in the 2nd round because of his injury then I'm all for it. Even if he's not ready day one, I feel like he'd be a great pick in the long run.

3rd: Justin Hardy, WR, East Carolina: It was between Hardy and Rashad Greene here and the more I look at Hardy the more I start to see another Antonio Brown should he get the proper development, which I think he would with Proehl coaching him up. He already runs great routes, has great hands, and I don't care what his timed 40 was, he's got plenty of game speed.

4th: Cedric Reed, DE, Texas: Clearly we're likely going to take a pass rusher in the first 4 rounds and in this scenario I like Cedric Reed the best. He's got the size you want in a DE in our scheme and with some development could be a great bookend pass rusher alongside (hopefully) Kony Ealy.

5th: Mike Davis, RB, South Carolina: If we pass on a running back in the first few rounds, Mike Davis is a guy I'd really like to see us target in the mid-rounds. He's a perfect fit for us, IMO. He's got ideal size, power, and can pass protect to boot. I love the way this guy finishes his runs. He may not be the fastest back in the draft, but he's just the sort of move the chains runner we could use.

5th (COMP): Jordan Richards, SS, Stanford: Anyone who has seen my previous mocks will have seen Richards in each of them. He's one of my favorite prospects in this draft despite being projected as a mid-round pick. There's been talk of us taking Landon Collins in the 1st round, but to be honest Richards is just as good a fit for us without nearly the risk of taking Collins at 25 overall. Smart, aggressive, and a leader as well. Just what the doctor ordered for us at strong safety.

5th (COMP): Corey Robinson, OT, South Carolina: If ever there was a "hog mollie" it's this guy. I don't think he can play left tackle in the NFL, but in the right scheme he could be a beast of a road-grading right tackle. He wouldn't need to play right away, but he'd be great competition for Mike Remmers and would give us solid depth if nothing else.

6th: JaCorey Shepherd, CB, Kansas: We're almost certain to take a corner to add to the mix and Shepherd is an under the radar prospect I like a lot. He's got great ball skills and while a bit raw, could be a player for us with the right coaching. Considering our recent track record of developing young DB's, I like our chances with this pick.

7th: Cody Wichmann, OG, Fresno State: Our guard depth is lackluster to say the least. We can't expect to hit on a day=one starter in the 7th round, but we can add some depth and hope for the best. Maybe we'll find another diamond in the rough, but if not at least it's adding some good young competition to the mix at a position where we have thin depth.

Another dumb ass mock thread. I kbow zod is cheap and wants views n poo but im tired of some random ass pos making a new thread of his " guess"

Dear easter jesus please make one thread for every dumb asshole to make a mock

If you're not interested in mocks, don't log into football forums during draft season.  Draft prospects is all we have to discuss until the draft itself, now that free agency has died down.

Another dumb ass mock thread. I kbow zod is cheap and wants views n poo but im tired of some random ass pos making a new thread of his " guess"

I don't know if this thread is dumb or not, but your post is sure very dumb.

No reason to be mean man. 

A lot of people here post dumb sht that never really gets dealt with. You just deal with it because we are the huddle and we are all in this together. I give you

Pointless Mock Draft threads

Obsessive 4.3 40 yd dash times

Making sure everyone knows of a move they called 6 months prior that was actually completely predictable

Ricky Proehl being football jesus

Kelvin Benjamin not being a #1 WR despite 9 TDS and 1,000yds as a rookie

Jonathan Stewart being done because he just turned 28

You know how much I want to bitch about this? All the time. But I don't because I love this place and it is ultimately not worth physically typing the words on my computer screen.

Another dumbass comment that doesn't contribute anything to the conversation. Gotta love The Huddle!

Archived