• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Update: Charles Tillman signed by Panthers (official)

Man, Idc how old he is... He's a smart player and will find ways to only help your team, not hurt it.

IIRC, the Bears were thinking about slowly working him into safety more last season after drafting Fuller. I also wouldn't worry about the injuries. It's not like he's frail, the injury last season was just one of those freak things for which there was no rhyme or reason.

I can totally see this and would absolutely love this move!

Im with proudiddy on this one.

Yall are serious about being afraid rivera eill play him? Seriously?

I have a lapse in memory. In riveras great defensive history, who did he sit on the bench that was sooo much better than said starter.

Players suck sometimes. He doesnt pick the roster

If charles tillman is still good, hes good folks. Why not play him. Stop pretending you know his exact role with the team or how good he will be. Plenty of DBs can play well into their thirties.

Even if he simply teaches our young CBs to strip the damn ball like he has over the years, its worth it.

it really does blow my mind

I'm down. Perfect fit actually. I love this article from February, http://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/nfl/bears/2015/02/16/bears-veteran-charles-tillman-on-nfl-future-im-not-going-to-stop-til-im-dead/23519577/

He wants a ring. It WILL happen here soon and certainly CAN as soon as this year. He could help.

Great article, thanks for posting. Only thing that worries me is this:

One NFL executive, speaking on condition of anonymity for competitive reasons, said Tillman can still play in the right scheme but will have to sign an incentive-laden, "prove it" type of deal because of his age and recent medical history. And it sounds like that'd be OK by Tillman, who feels like he's had to prove it his entire career.

I don't want us signing him to a 1 year deal, only for him to play lights out like he did in 2012 and then walk like our 2013 signings did. Give him at least a 2 or 3 year deal with incentives and roster bonuses and I'll be happy.

Archived