• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Roster reset: NFC South

CelibatePimp

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000484349/article/roster-reset-nfc-south.

In our roster reset series, Around The NFL will rank teams in each division based on how much they improved this offseason.

1. Saints

2. Falcons

3. Panthers

4. Bucs

The top two had top 8 offenses in 2014. However I'm not really bothered because when our defense came on towards the end of the season, we shut down those high flying offenses. I think we threepeat.

What's next?

» Kelvin Benjamin still needs help: He was a fantastic choice in last year's draft, but Cam Newtonneeds much more to move the ball. This seems like a team perennially on the verge of having a decent receiving corps but never makes it all the way.

» Greg Hardy needs to be replaced: It was obvious that Carolina was missing its top pass rusher this season, and now that he's long gone, the Panthers need to do more to reconstruct their front seven. The mark of a Dave Gettleman team, just like the mark of an Ernie Accorsi team before him, is to build around quarterback pressure.

» Build a secondary: When Gettleman was in New York, his best teams always seemed to get by without amazing talent in the secondary. The NFL is changing, though, and Carolina could use a safety and some cornerbacks. Really, anywhere is a good start.

The third one is all I need to know about Mr. Orr. 

What's next?

» Kelvin Benjamin still needs help: He was a fantastic choice in last year's draft, but Cam Newtonneeds much more to move the ball. This seems like a team perennially on the verge of having a decent receiving corps but never makes it all the way.

» Greg Hardy needs to be replaced: It was obvious that Carolina was missing its top pass rusher this season, and now that he's long gone, the Panthers need to do more to reconstruct their front seven. The mark of a Dave Gettleman team, just like the mark of an Ernie Accorsi team before him, is to build around quarterback pressure.

» Build a secondary: When Gettleman was in New York, his best teams always seemed to get by without amazing talent in the secondary. The NFL is changing, though, and Carolina could use a safety and some cornerbacks. Really, anywhere is a good start.

The third one is all I need to know about Mr. Orr. 

I guess Norman, Bene and Tre aren't "a safety and some cornerbacks." What a fool. Entire article should be disregarded based on that alone.

In the divisional round, RW had an easy 14 points off floaters, one beating Bene and the other beating Boston. Bene appeared injured though. I think our secondary could improve but it's not as bad as the writer seems to see it.

Most of that was on Boston, in my opinion. Seattle did an amazing job in both games against us of exploiting Boston's weaknesses. He definitely needs some work but I feel pretty confident he can improve and eliminate those mistakes with a full offseason of work. Definitely need to improve SS, in my opinion, but I Tre can be a longterm answer and Norman and Bene are 100%. Just need to lock up Norman longterm, as soon as possible.

I'll never get it, how can the saints, who imploded last season and had one of the worst offseasons in NFL history can be considered anything but a cellar dweller. I guess Brees will throw to Brees, who will also block for Brees. Brees is also listed as their starting punter, kicker, DE, SS, and return man. I expect them to be no better than 6-10 next year.

we still need a safety and another corner

We don't "need" another corner. It would help but it's not needed with Bene and Norman in place. Harper started carrying his weight towards the end of last season when the young guys started stepping up, so SS isn't our biggest need, but yes we should definitely upgrade at SS, or move Tre to SS and get a FS. The guy doesn't know what he's talking about.

We don't "need" another corner. It would help but it's not needed with Bene and Norman in place. Harper started carrying his weight towards the end of last season when the young guys started stepping up, so SS isn't our biggest need, but yes we should definitely upgrade at SS, or move Tre to SS and get a FS. The guy doesn't know what he's talking about.

yes,need is the correct term, we need another corner and another safety.In this case this guy knows exactley what he is talking about and he is absolutely correct. you lost your argument when you said, Harper.

Archived