• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Panthers Trade for DT!!!!!

Phoenaxe

Chris Harris should not even be mentioned as a comparison to this guy. Chris was drafted, started immediatley and was on a superbowl caliber defense.

Hey, what round was Kemo, the guy we're looking to replace, drafted in?

All many of us are saying is he might be a serviceable player in his natural 4-3 position. Let's see what happens, that's all.

"

Getting him in here right now, we'll get a little over 10 days to work with him and at least put him in the rotation," Panthers general manager Marty Hurney said. "We'll see how it all works out. We think he's got ability and we think he's a good player. He's 25 years old, he's young and he's continuing to improve. We certainly feel like he can be in the mix."

http://www.nfl.com/news/story?id=09000d5d8124dc5d&template=without-video-with-comments&confirm=true

Not sure if he started getting more playing time or what towards the end of the season but he had 16 tackles in the last 4 games last year (6 against Pittsburgh). Thats a 4 tackle a game average and if you put that on a 16 game schedule that is 64 tackles which would be a big accomplishment for a DT. I know I'm reading A LOT into this and stats don't mean much but the potential that this guy has in our defense is pretty decent. Plus he is young so he will only get better, he's cheap, and we will use a pick that we would probably use on a practice squad player. I feel good about it.

Archived