• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

CBS Sports 7 Round Mock Draft

My initial thoughts... Overall, I wouldn't think he faced better competition. Not at ECU.

But, Hardy did have 100+ yard games over the #20 defense in the country vs. Florida and he also had 100+ yard games against Tulane and UConn. While those weren't elite defenses, both teams do have legit NFL prospect CBs in Lorenzo Doss and Byron Jones, respectively. And while not a huge name in college football, Hardy also had a 100+ yard game against UCF which ranked 9th in defense last year.

After breaking it down statistically... 8 100 yard games for Hardy vs. 5 for Agholor. The average ranking of the defenses in Hardy's 8 games was 68th with his best two vs. #9 and #20, one of which game vs. a team with a 100+ ranked defense. The average ranking of the defenses in Agholor's 5 games was #97 with his best two vs. #43 and #84, three of which came against 100+ ranked defenses.

So... yeah, after taking an in-depth look at their seasons, I think it's fair to say that Agholor feasted on weak competition.

You can honestly compare Tulane and Uconn To Ucla, Stanford and Cal.. Maybe they have 1 or 2 good prospect but those teams pump them out regularly. . Also Hardy had a better QB and another WR weapon who might be drafted late on his team..

You can honestly compare Tulane and Uconn To Ucla, Stanford and Cal.. Maybe they have 1 or 2 good prospect but those teams pump them out regularly. . Also Hardy had a better QB and another WR weapon who might be drafted late on his team..

Not true at all. Kessler was quietly one of the best Quarterbacks in College Football last year. 

Not true at all. Kessler was quietly one of the best Quarterbacks in College Football last year.

I might be wrong about Kessler.. But Carden in that system put up some eye popping production and i'm betting he had better numbers than Kessler..

I might be wrong about Kessler.. But Carden in that system put up some eye popping production and i'm betting he had better numbers than Kessler..

4736/30/10/63.5%

3826/39/5/69.7%

Carden had over 150 more attempts too. 

And i'd lose that bet.. Dam Kessler was a beast.

I'm wrong Agholor played with the better QB..

If Kessler was 3 inches taller people would be talking about him as the potential 2016 #1 pick.

Yep. He's accurate, makes good decisions and can move the pocket when necessary. Arm strength isn't incredible, but functional. Will still probably go in the second next year if he has a similar kind of season.

Senquez Golson would be an absolute beast in our secondary. I'm an Ole Miss fan and this guy is a ball hawk. He single handedly won our game against Alabama this year with a last second interception in the end zone.

I'd be shocked if Gettleman takes a 5'9" CB. Pretty much every signing and draft pick he has made has had ideal measurables for their position particularly at CB.

Archived