• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Seahawks GM hints he'll just let Wilson walk if he doesn't lower his demanded price.

RW is a good QB with clutch ability.  He's not elite.  He's basically Jake Delhomme with running ability.

I think Cam is a much more apt comparison to Delhomme than Wilson. Wilson is more accurate and risk averse than both of them. Cam and Delhomme both lean toward a gunslinger mentality. 

your attempts to bring lafells carolina stats up by averaging the pass intended stats is a dumb way to make cam look better. yes, NE throws more than carolina, you aren't factoring that brady is much better at throwing passes through tighter windows than cam, who usually gets a bit skittish if the coverage is tightened up, which results in less targets. then you aren't factoring things like how often he gets subbed in/out. it's completely pointless stat twisting.

the catch % is pretty much all you need to know that lafell in NE is better than lafell in CAR. and using the fact that cam doesn't have much touch and just bullets the ball most of the time is a pretty retarded badge of pride imo.

No, I just used stats to show you that the difference wasn't major.  You leaned on media hype, bulk stats, and what you assumed to be the truth to form your opinion.  Now you're butthurt that the stats didn't bear that out.

That catch percentage yielded an additional 8 catches and 103 yards for LaFell compared to what he would've been expected to get in Carolina with the same number of targets.

Explain why Cam suffered a 10% drop in completion percentage when throwing to LaFell?  Did Cam throw the ball differently when he was targeting LaFell?  Everyone else seemed to do okay.  Also in 2013... Greg Olsen 67%.  Steve Smith 59%.  The only Panther who had a lower catch percentage than LaFell was Ginn at 52% and we all know he had a lot more downfield bombs which will always translate to a lower percentage of completions.

Yep, he is right. Elite money should ONLY go to elite Qbs. That means Brady, Rodgers and Manning...even Manning is a bit too old to command it, and Brady too. Brady took less though. These are very special QBs, who come along once every 5-10 years.

Those QBSs are basically the entire offense. And even the offensive cordinator. They don't need weapons, just solid players. That's three QBs out of 32. QBs who get their kind of money but dont play their type of game are going to kill their teams, and he is right, defense is much more important.

Wilson benefits from the Seahawks massive amount of talent, but he has single handedly won them some big games in the past with some crazy lucky plays........culminated by a terrible decision and getting picked on the one yard line 

can't say their GM is wrong, but it wouldn't surprise me if they became very beatable without him 

Seahawks have had the advantage of paying Wilson at the rookie scale for a 3rd round pick during the last 4 years. You can't deny that. And I don't think they would franchise him at any point because that would be overpaying. Both Wilson & the Seahawks know these 2 facts. How much do you pay the QB that has taken you to the SB twice and won it once? Does Wilson expect more because he was being paid at rookie scale for 4 years? How much do the Seahawks want to win and do they really think they can do it with Travaris Jackson or whoever they bring in? Can they hit gold in the 3rd round again?

I don't know but that they got to the SB twice with him has a lot of weight in the argument. Consider a couple of QB game managers that were cut after their teams won the SB once, Trent Dilfer & Brad Johnson. Both the Ravens and Tampa Bay nose dived after that. I'm sure there were other factors but cutting the QB has to be a factor.

Seahawks have a conundrum that most teams wish they had. Personally, I despise the way Wilson throws the ball. Teams will figure out how to get between the WR & the ball before that slow ball gets there. It's a given.

your attempts to bring lafells carolina stats up by averaging the pass intended stats is a dumb way to make cam look better. yes, NE throws more than carolina, you aren't factoring that brady is much better at throwing passes through tighter windows than cam, who usually gets a bit skittish if the coverage is tightened up, which results in less targets. then you aren't factoring things like how often he gets subbed in/out. it's completely pointless stat twisting.

the catch % is pretty much all you need to know that lafell in NE is better than lafell in CAR. and using the fact that cam doesn't have much touch and just bullets the ball most of the time is a pretty retarded badge of pride imo.

So, why was LaFell's catch percentage higher during his first season with Cam (2011) than with his first year with Brady (2014)?

Furthermore....

argument: "Cam doesn't make other players better"

counterarguments:

Greg Olsen averaged 32 yards a game in his 4 years with the Bears. Averages just above 50 per game in 4 years with Cam.

Steve Smith 554 yards 2 TDs in 2010. 1394 yards 7 TDs in 2011 with Cam

Ted Ginn 2 receptions, 1 yard in 2012. 36 receptions 556 yards in 2013 with Cam.

Panthers offense dead last in everything in 2010. Top 7 in everything in 2011 with Cam.

No, I just used stats to show you that the difference wasn't major.  You leaned on media hype, bulk stats, and what you assumed to be the truth to form your opinion.  Now you're butthurt that the stats didn't bear that out.

That catch percentage yielded an additional 8 catches and 103 yards for LaFell compared to what he would've been expected to get in Carolina with the same number of targets.

Explain why Cam suffered a 10% drop in completion percentage when throwing to LaFell?  Did Cam throw the ball differently when he was targeting LaFell?  Everyone else seemed to do okay.  Also in 2013... Greg Olsen 67%.  Steve Smith 59%.  The only Panther who had a lower catch percentage than LaFell was Ginn at 52% and we all know he had a lot more downfield bombs which will always translate to a lower percentage of completions.

uh no, i was the one who simply said that lafell had the best season of his career in NE. and i used real life, tangible stats to give some backing to that statement. you were the one who decided to give him ~30 imaginary plays when you know football stats and plays isn't as simple as that. otherwise fantasy football websites would be able to accurately predict the final stats of a player after 8-9 games to a T, instead their "projected numbers" columns are always poo and way off the mark.

im not really sure what you're trying to say with that last paragraph btw. clearly olsen and smitty have better hands than lafell. until they play a season with brady we wont know if that's their ceiling or not so its a moot point.

I think Wilson shows a pretty good arm. 

What he does that I've never been able to understand is what SOJA alluded to.  The guy throws some crazy poo up there that looks like it's 50/50 INT or incomplete with  no chance of a completion, yet time and time again it gets completed.  It looks lucky as poo, but it's hard to call it luck when the guy has been doing it dating all the way back to college that I know of but I'm sure even earlier than that.  I just knew that stuff would catch up to him at the NFL level but it hasn't yet.  I don't really count the back breaking SB INT as one of those.  That was a poorly thrown ball, but not the type of crazy throw that I'm talking about.

This is the type of stuff I'm talking about:

russHOF.0.gif

Hell, there was a great example of one in the Super Bowl right before the INT.  I was just shaking my head because I thought RW and that lucky horseshoe he has wedged in his ass were gonna pull off insanity again.  Then that horseshoe finally fell out.

seahawks-get-lucky-super-bowl.gif?w=1000

uh no, i was the one who simply said that lafell had the best season of his career in NE. and i used real life, tangible stats to give some backing to that statement. you were the one who decided to give him ~30 imaginary plays when you know football stats and plays isn't as simple as that. otherwise fantasy football websites would be able to accurately predict the final stats of a player after 8-9 games to a T, instead their "projected numbers" columns are always poo and way off the mark.

im not really sure what you're trying to say with that last paragraph btw. clearly olsen and smitty have better hands than lafell. until they play a season with brady we wont know if that's their ceiling or not so its a moot point.

It's not ~30 "imaginary plays".  It's called extrapolation.  You won't know what that means, so let me help you with that:

In mathematics, extrapolation is the process of estimating, beyond the original observation range, the value of a variable on the basis of its relationship with another variable.

Sorry, obviously statistics are over your head.  My bad.  I'll try to remember that in the future.

So, why was LaFell's catch percentage higher during his first season with Cam (2011) than with his first year with Brady (2014)?

Furthermore....

argument: "Cam doesn't make other players better"

counterarguments:

Greg Olsen averaged 32 yards a game in his 4 years with the Bears. Averages just above 50 per game in 4 years with Cam.

Steve Smith 554 yards 2 TDs in 2010. 1394 yards 7 TDs in 2011 with Cam

Ted Ginn 2 receptions, 1 yard in 2012. 36 receptions 556 yards in 2013 with Cam.

Panthers offense dead last in everything in 2010. Top 7 in everything in 2011 with Cam.

You are right about Lafell in Cams first year. However he had a much reduced role back then, starting only 6 games. Teams had to focus on Olsen/Shockey duo and Smith before Lafell. The 2013 Panthers and 2014 pats had a #1 TE (Olsen/Gronk), number 1 receiver (Smith/Edelmen) and Lafell was the 2. Much similar situation for Lafell which grants a better comparison.

Olsen is pretty much the same (or slightly better) TE he was with Cutler. I don't remember who the hell the bears trotted out as QB in his first two years.

Smith? Clausen, enough said.

Ginn? Was never a factor in the 49ers offense.

Cam did a good job resurrecting the Panthers offense for a year... but Panthers O has been below average to terribad ever since. Not all his fault though.

Archived