• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Dorial Green-Beckham

Don't worry guys, we'll just skip over 2014 for you, no need to worry about the other outstanding receivers that have shown more than just one year's production. 

DGB couldn't help that the NCAA is archaic. Hard to hold lack of play in 2014 against him. 

Don't worry guys, we'll just skip over 2014 for you, no need to worry about the other outstanding receivers that have shown more than just one year's production. 

Man, you really got me on that one.  Wow.  Geez, so telling.fiddy.gif  There's a reason DGB is ranked as a first round pick by most teams.  And your other "outstanding" receivers are not.  

Dont be stupid, Dopey.

Clearly.

http://espn.go.com/college-football/story/_/id/10766008/no-arrest-case-involving-dorial-green-beckham-missouri-tigers

ST. LOUIS -- A police investigation of a suspected burglary involving Missouri wide receiver Dorial Green-Beckham has been closed without an arrest, primarily because of reluctant witnesses who fear retaliation and harassment for bringing a criminal complaint.

Coach Gary Pinkel announced the junior receiver's indefinite suspension Monday for an unspecified violation of team rules.

On Thursday, Columbia police reported they can't proceed with a case that began early Sunday when an 18-year-old Missouri student said Green-Beckham forced open her apartment door at 2:30 a.m. while trying to see his girlfriend, a friend of the victim.

The woman said Green-Beckham pushed her down at least four stairs.

Another roommate told police the 6-foot-6, 225-pound athlete pushed the first woman with two hands to the chest. But later that night, the two told a detective they didn't want to press charges.

A police report released Thursday shows Green-Beckham's girlfriend sent 16 text messages to the woman asking her to reconsider pressing charges. The responding police officer had already applied for a warrant for Green-Beckham's arrest on a felony charge of first-degree burglary.

"Dorial was wrong in every way and you have every right to be furious," one message reads. "I'm not sticking up for him but football really is all he has going for him and pressing charges would just ruin it for him completely."

"If you didn't want to press charges just say we all had a lot to drink and what not everything is fine," Green-Beckham's girlfriend later wrote.

Columbia police also were investigating the incident for possible domestic abuse after the athlete's girlfriend said in one of the text messages to her injured friend that he dragged her from the apartment by the neck. The woman later told a domestic violence investigator that she had been drinking and didn't remember sending that message. The police report deemed her "extremely uncooperative."

So now I'm stupid for saying chargers weren't pressed?  When clearly they weren't pressed?  I'm confused.  

Wow, the amount of attention this guy is getting because of his legal troubles rather than his actual talent is reflective of NFL fans nowadays. I reckon that DGB would be getting a fraction of the discussion if he had missed last year for different reasons e.g. injury or if his name was Dorial Smith. The guy has legitimate areas of improvement as a receiver and hasn't really demonstrated the strength of character to improve his game. 

I'm so sure that he's been over-hyped that I'm willing to bet that he won't be in the top 5 rookie receivers this season for receiving yards. 

Not really. He's got the best skill set of any WR. By far. He also has the most baggage, which is why he will be Drafted much lower than his skill set warrants. 

He could have Thomas Davis character and Cooper and White would still be ahead of him. He may have the most potential but that's not always realized.

You read that whole story and the only thing you came out of it with is "charges weren't pressed"?

No, I got the gist of what he was saying.  But as I stated in my original post, charges weren't pressed.  Which they weren't.  So, I don't understand why I'm stupid for saying they weren't pressed.  

Archived