• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

REPORT: SS Swearinger claimed by Bucs on waivers

@bobbyagnese

I think locker room culture is important... Despite some of you all hating that mentality.... Players of high integrity are a good thing to have. O'Brien, one of the best coach pickups as of late, doesn't want him in his locker room. That should tell you something. 

He actually hasn't been released yet. The Texans just informed him that he wasn't part of their plans going forward. They are apparently still going to try and trade him before waiving him. According to Rapoport the Texans did the same with TJ Yates last year and they did end up trading him to the Falcons.

At this point he could probably be had for a conditional 7th with the condition for the pick being sent that he is on the 53 man roster for at least 8 games or something which wouldn't be a bad deal or we could wait and try to get him off waivers but since we are 25th in the waiver order it seems unlikely he would make it to us.

Honestly though I don't see the Panthers making a play for him at all especially given that he has previously shown a refusal to play special teams which he would need to in Carolina.

I think locker room culture is important... Despite some of you all hating that mentality.... Players of high integrity are a good thing to have. O'Brien, one of the best coach pickups as of late, doesn't want him in his locker room. That should tell you something. 

Like someone else said, what's the point of signing all these high character vets if with no one to mentor?

Wasn't he still on his rookie contract?

So, a team releases a talented player that's still on a rookie contract and thus not making all that much money...

This doesn't scream "red flag" to everybody?

Word is that he pissed off the Texans coaches last year when he walked out of a special teams meeting and said he was too good for that and only wanted to play defense.

Probably not the type of guy we are looking to bring in.

Word is that he pissed off the Texans coaches last year when he walked out of a special teams meeting and said he was too good for that and only wanted to play defense.

Probably not the type of guy we are looking to bring in.

Oh hell, no.

Like someone else said, what's the point of signing all these high character vets if with no one to mentor?

They have young + hungry players who are 1-2 years in the league to mentor. I doubt nannying a diva who doesn't want to play special teams is what guys like Peanut, TD and Olsen want to be focusing on. 

Archived