• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Round 1 - Carolina Panthers Select Shaq Thompson

Jeremy Igo

You must be clairovoyant and/or another one of those youtube scouts. All kidding aside,  Did DG get lucky when Shaq Thompson fell to 25? I'm guessing that he must've been in the top 10-15 on a lot of teams' draft boards for this to be such a brilliant pick.

They are considerably more in tune than our band of youtube scouts.

Jaelen Strong
Jake Fisher
Landon Collins
Preston Smith
Devin Smith
Randy Gregory

All of those would have helped us a hell of a lot more than Shaq fuging Thompson. This is honestly the first time I can ever remember actually being mad about a pick. Gettleman wants to preach about drafting BPA, well Shaq sure as poo wasn't BPA. I'm not even mad that we drafted LB/S, I'm mad that we drafted a shitty one. Apparently Gettleman's whole philosophy goes out the window if he gets a boner for someone. 

You must be clairovoyant and/or another one of those youtube scouts. All kidding aside, Did DG get lucky when Shaq Thompson fell to 25? I'm guessing that he must've been in the top 10-15 on a lot of teams' draft boards for this to be such a brilliant pick.

I'm not sure what you are trying to say. They said he was the highest rated player they had on their board. They liked him and picked him. Where did I say it was a brilliant pick? Its nit the most interesting pick IMO but they liked him and I trust their judgement more than yours. More than that of any of these posters who literally complain about everything humanly possible.

Jaelen Strong

Jake Fisher

Landon Collins

Preston Smith

Devin Smith

Randy Gregory

All of those would have helped us a hell of a lot more than Shaq fuging Thompson. This is honestly the first time I can ever remember actually being mad about a pick. Gettleman wants to preach about drafting BPA, well Shaq sure as poo wasn't BPA. I'm not even mad that we drafted LB/S, I'm mad that we drafted a shitty one. Apparently Gettleman's whole philosophy goes out the window if he gets a boner for someone.

Or.....you don't have any business or ability to be rating players.

Every one I've those guys is still available so at least 7 other teams passed on them too. That actually supports that we followed the BPA concept and didn't reach for one of the. Use that brain.

Or.....you don't have any business or ability to be rating players.

Every one I've those guys is still available so at least 7 other teams passed on them too. That actually supports that we followed the BPA concept and didn't reach for one of the. Use that brain.

If I'm not qualified to say Shaq sucks then you aren't qualified to say he's good. I guarantee all seven of those guys will be gone by our next pick too.

I guess there is a reason we're fans and they are pros....

I'm on board for it. Some of the media darlings have fallen quite far, and may continue to do so.

This is a future pick. He can contribute on D and ST while he is groomed for TD's role. The Panther felt like he was a special talent.

Really hope that we can bump this thread at this time of next year to laugh at some stupid comments of doubting Shaq. Lol.

I don't think anyone is saying he's not a good player. Given the circumstances we shouldn't have picked him

Archived