• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

La'El Collins may be in play after all

Mr. Scot

Definitely. Brees will retire a Saint. The offense will still produce. I'm anxious to see the defense. Im excited about adding Browner and getting Byrd back. I think we got more athletic at linebacker.

I'm highly skeptical that you'll be one of the best teams in the NFC. It's hard for me to believe that, coming off of a 7-8-1 season. Just being real.

I understand that. But the team that started last season and the team that finished last season were completely different. Once Rivera sat Deangelo and was forced to play our rookies, we looked a lot better.. especially in the secondary.

Definitely. Brees will retire a Saint. The offense will still produce. I'm anxious to see the defense. Im excited about adding Browner and getting Byrd back. I think we got more athletic at linebacker.

I'm highly skeptical that you'll be one of the best teams in the NFC. It's hard for me to believe that, coming off of a 7-8-1 season. Just being real.

You don't know enough about our team to really know how good we are, and the same goes for us about you paper-bag-wearing buffoons. Just let it play out.

You don't know enough about our team to really know how good we are, and the same goes for us about you paper-bag-wearing buffoons. Just let it play out.

yeah, I can see 2 wins already. But that's just me being real.

Assuming a rival fan doesn't know enough about your team is ignorant. I know plenty about the Panthers, and about the improvements made towards the end of the year.

At the end of the day, we're a couple of fans 7 win teams hoping that changes made this offseason translate on the field.

Assuming a rival fan doesn't know enough about your team is ignorant. I know plenty about the Panthers, and about the improvements made towards the end of the year.

At the end of the day, we're a couple of fans 7 win teams hoping that changes made this offseason translate on the field.

Yeah but u guys lost 9 times. We didn't

Tie FTW!!!! :P

I understand that. But the team that started last season and the team that finished last season were completely different. Once Rivera sat Deangelo and was forced to play our rookies, we looked a lot better.. especially in the secondary.

I agree. Stewart staying healthy is always a major factor. Dudes an animal. He would have put up some numbers in his career if he could have stayed healthy.

The biggest question mark for me about your team, is all of the rookies that started last year. Naturally, you say they'll all get better, but that's just not how it works. 2 years ago, Vacarro looked like one of the next great safeties in football. Last year, he was nonexistent. Sophomore slumps happen. Young players aren't always what we think they are. Some just don't progress right away. Do Bene and Boston build off of a great start, or take a step back? Same with Norwell and Remmers. Does Oher stay healthy and return to form?

Some questions, but as a whole, I think the division takes a step forward this year. We can only hope so, because last year was atrocious.

The team that finished out the season went 5-1, not 7-8-1 like you are using as your reference. Sure we're rivals but I'm positive you don't watch many more games of ours than the 2 we play against each other. Maybe other divisional games if you're on bye or primetime games, but don't act like you watched the entire 16 games of ours and followed every single player that got meaningful playing time. If you truly do know so much, I'd love to hear your thoughts on how and why we improved towards the end of the year, and discuss our free agency additions and how they may help us next year, and our draft picks. 

I just assume Saints fans don't know much of anything. It hasn't failed me yet.

The team that finished out the season went 5-1, not 7-8-1 like you are using as your reference. Sure we're rivals but I'm positive you don't watch many more games of ours than the 2 we play against each other. Maybe other divisional games if you're on bye or primetime games, but don't act like you watched the entire 16 games of ours and followed every single player that got meaningful playing time. If you truly do know so much, I'd love to hear your thoughts on how and why we improved towards the end of the year, and discuss our free agency additions and how they may help us next year, and our draft picks.

Well, playing the Browns, Bucs, Falcons and Saints to end the year definitely helped, whether you care to admit that or not. The Cardinals were a walking IR team going into the playoffs. But I won't pretend Carolina didn't improve on the field as well.

Going away from the veterans and moving to what seems like more talented rookies helped. Remmers and Norwell stepped in and really held their own on the line, which really struggled early. Pretty much any resistance was an upgrade. Bene coming back from injury and playing as well as he was before his injury was a help for the secondary, as well as Boston taking over a starting spot. Any time you take Thomas Decoud off the field, good things happen. Josh Norman played at a very high level the last half of the season. I don't want to crown him yet, but he looked very good.

The pass rush really picked up towards the end of the season as well. Not sure if that had anything to do with playing teams with horrible olines or not, but it did. I know many are hoping for a bounce back year from Star though. Stewart staying healthy and taking over on offense was a major plus. His numbers were so much better than Williams. Philly Brown getting a little more time on the field as the field stretcher really helped too. Putting some speed out there.

Anyway, I know plenty about the team. I don't watch all 16 games, but I watch around 10, I guess. Couple that with being here every day and reading what all of you maroons ( :D ) are saying and I have a pretty god understanding about the team.

Archived