• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Shaq breakdown

This short film breakdown of Shaq's positives and negatives is right on the money from what I've seen on Draft Breakdown: 

Pro's:

• Speed to the ball/Great Insticts
  • Big play ability/aggressiveness
  • Agility/speed to cover the slot
  • Special Teams ace
  • Surprising shiftiness vs Oline

Negatives 

• Not ideal size/strength to release from blocks
  • Not ideal height vs tall TEs
  • Can be overaggressive in pass coverage 

Overall, at 25 in round 1 I don't believe there were any players left that didn't have some negatives/drawbacks but because of what Shaq could add to this defense as a coverage LB and dedicated playmaker, he was most definitely (in my mind) the BPA for us.

Our boy Bucky sums up Shaq's value to a 4-3 defense that could utilize a luxury playmaker really well in this short clip. Knowing how much Ron and McDermott emphasize a "scoring defense" we could have a really valuable player in Shaq. 

one thing i really like is his tenacity in trying to cause fumbles (in which he's been pretty successful). so far his efforts have been limited to stripping it. we added tillman who i am sure will be teaching the peanut punch. add that tool to shaq and i think between him and tillman, we might just see a whole lot more turnovers.

i came close to saying more opportunities for the offense, but from what i saw in shaq's highlights, he may just take it in for a score himself. very few are going to be able to catch him when he takes off with the ball.

one thing i really like is his tenacity in trying to cause fumbles (in which he's been pretty successful). so far his efforts have been limited to stripping it. we added tillman who i am sure will be teaching the peanut punch. add that tool to shaq and i think between him and tillman, we might just see a whole lot more turnovers.

i came close to saying more opportunities for the offense, but from what i saw in shaq's highlights, he may just take it in for a score himself. very few are going to be able to catch him when he takes off with the ball.

Great point, Tillman teaching Shaq the peanut punch = instant forced fumbles and Shaq running in the touchdowns. Put me in the overexcited corner.  

No matter what the media says I'm good with this pick. Say what you want about Rivera he knows LBs and if he is willing to take Shaq I'm good with it. Kid is going to be learning from the best.

State the obvious is better than posting "what if" comments on this board.

Is it? 

If you posted 'Shaq was drafted because the Panthers think he'll be a good player', would that be better than posting a good 'what if' comment? No, it wouldn't.

What if Shaq turns out to be the steal of the 1st round? Not saying that's a good 'what if', but I bet every Panther fan hopes it turns out to be the consensus opinion. 

Is it?

If you posted 'Shaq was drafted because the Panthers think he'll be a good player', would that be better than posting a good 'what if' comment? No, it wouldn't.

What if Shaq turns out to be the steal of the 1st round? Not saying that's a good 'what if', but I bet every Panther fan hopes it turns out to be the consensus opinion.

You just post a very typical what if comment by huddlers, which is mean of nothing.

Archived