• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

NFL says Pats guilty, and Brady knew

AdWeek:

"talk radio has been abuzz, calling Brady a liar and a cheater

sports marketing expert Jeff Howle, Senior VP at Erwin Penland, said:

"If the league rules to suspend him, it will definitely hurt his sponsorship value/endorsements ... Brands will have to closely evaluate their relationship with him and could back out of their sponsorship deals. Nationally, he'll be vilified; however, his local reputation could rebound much quicker based on the die-hard 'us against the world' mentality of the New England fan base."

Another sports marketing expert, Lionel Knight, Senior VP at Upshot, said:

"On the national and even international stage, I'm sure this will affect Tom Brady's commercial standing," he said. "At the very least, it's going to make any brand hesitate before tying themselves to a figure who—in some people's minds, at least—is forever tarnished."

http://www.adweek.com/news/advertising-branding/tom-bradys-brand-too-big-fail-after-deflategate-164608

While the balls were deflated, the Colts still had a chance.  Instead of putting more air in, which apparently helped the Pats blow the Colts out, the officials should have taken more out.

This thing makes no sense.

I am against cheaters in sports, politics, wherever, but why make a ball "less" advantageous to you and your team?

With fully inflated balls, he blew out the Colts and won the super bowl.  Think this whole thing is much ado about Pats

Again, the refs fixed the game balls at the half and maintained possession of them, NOT turning over the balls to either the officials locker room attendant or the Patriots equipment attendant.

And the Patriots did BETTER in the 2nd half than the 1st.

The cheating had absolutely NOTHING to do with the outcome of the game. Hell, maybe the Colt LB doesn't even MAKE his int in the Patriot red zone if the ball hadn't been deflated.

I wrote my post previously about how I think everyone involved (including the organization) deserves HARSH punishment.

But the game result was gonna be that result no matter what.

Some people on this board are even questioning Brady's HOF capability, hell, this guy would be a HOFer without cheating. Look, cheating is bad and I really don't like Brady, but that's all, he's still one of the greatest qb if not the greatest.

Some people on this board are even questioning Brady's HOF capability, hell, this guy would be a HOFer without cheating. Look, cheating is bad and I really don't like Brady, but that's all, he's still one of the greatest qb if not the greatest.

How would you know that if you've never seen him play without cheating? If he's been using a less inflated ball than allowed for essentially his entire career (which is extremely likely given the information out there) who knows how much it has affected his game? That 63% could drop to 61% and his TDs could drop and INT increase and yards drop, and less wins as well. Even if it's just a very slight advantage, it adds up over an entire career. Look at the Patriots' fumble stats over the years... And everyone would talk about how great of a cold-weather QB Brady is (and how Manning sucks in the cold)... Does the pressure of the balls not have any effect on that? Honestly, both Brady and Belichick should be banned and ineligible for the hall of fame, and their titles should be stripped, because this is the 2nd time they've been caught (and I am 95% sure they got away with filming the Rams' and our walkthroughs before the Super Bowl, which affected the outcomes of those close games).

So she must be the one he was arrested for allegedly abusing and went on Instagram to say how he wasn't marrying her because she would be an embarrassment for a wife? 

Guess it is true...no matter how hot she is, someone, somewhere, is sick of putting up with her sh*t.

Those D cups dont look like a embarrassment to me. Also show me a woman and I will show you a guy sick of putting up with her poo. If you think she is a embarrassment why the hell are you daiting her? Most men would kill for a girl that likes to paddle board and look like a model.

While the balls were deflated, the Colts still had a chance. Instead of putting more air in, which apparently helped the Pats blow the Colts out, the officials should have taken more out.

This thing makes no sense.

I am against cheaters in sports, politics, wherever, but why make a ball "less" advantageous to you and your team?

With fully inflated balls, he blew out the Colts and won the super bowl. Think this whole thing is much ado about Pats

1. Brady lied to the NFL investigators which is against the rules so he's going to be punished for that on top of using a non-regulation football. Had Brady just come clean, it wouldn't be as bad

2. As for punishing Brady for using a non-regulation football, if you getting caught breaking a rule, then you're going to get punished. It doesn't matter if you benefited from breaking the rule or not, all that matters is if you broke the rule. For ex, say you took a class in college where your grade came down to one test at the end of the semester. The test is 3 hours long, so they break it into two halves: 1.5 hour half followed by a short break, then the other 1.5 half. You get caught cheating on camera during the first half, but the camera shows you didn't cheat during the second half. Turns out you did much better on the 2nd half of the test without cheating than you did on the 1st half of the test when you cheated. You're still going to be disciplined for cheating. Or say a baseball player used a modified ball or bat that was against regulation. Halfway through the game someone tips off the officials that the player is using that modified ball or bat, so they take it from him to study and give him a regulation one. The player goes on to do much better with regulation ball or bat then with the modified one. Doesn't matter: they are still going to punish him for breaking the rules by using the illegal ball or bat.

3. This isn't just about the Colts game, they showed that Brady has been using doctored footballs the whole season. And of course people now suspect he has been doing it long before that

4. Brady is likely looking at a fine plus suspension for X number of games. As for stripping the Patriots of wins, I don't think the NFL does that. But the NCAA does. For ex, Reggie Bush received impermissive benefits. Didn't effect his play on the field but USC was still stripped of their National Title because Bush played in that National Championship Game as an ineligible player, and any wins you have with an ineligible player are forfeited. Again, I don't think the Patriots have to worry about having wins stripped.

5. Pete Rose was declared permanently ineligible (which is why he's not in the HOF) for getting caught betting on Reds games, then lying about it to MLB investigators. The Dowd Report said, "no evidence was discovered that Rose bet against the Reds," (and Pete Rose, in his 2004 autobiography said he never bet against the Reds) but the MLB rule that Rose violated prohibits any bet on a game the bettor is involved in, making no distinction between betting for or against one's team. I don't think Brady will or should be declared permanently ineligible, but it just shows how much trouble you can get into when you break the rules and then lie about it

SundayNight Football @ SNFonNBC

6m

Sources: Patriots fear lengthy suspension for Brady:

"Sources with the Patriots I have spoken with tell me they are fearful of a lengthy suspension, perhaps in the six-to-eight-game range, for Brady in the aftermath of the Wells Report."

http://www.csnne.com/new-england-patriots/new-england-patriots-fear-lengthy-suspension-for-tom-brady

Archived