• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

How many true, lifelong Panthers fans are actually out there?

SIGCHI222

Born in 87, the fam moved to Charlotte in 91 from Marietta so the Panthers were my first and only football team growing up.  Although the first team (in general) I was a fan of was the Hornets.         

Never got into ATL sports...well I was only like 3 y/o when I moved.  Hornets, Panthers, Bobby Labonte, Davis Love III.     

I was born in Marietta too.  All of my Georgia family is pretty much concentrated in Cartersville.

I'm 25 and have always pulled for the Panthers since before I can remember. Probably because my older brother did too. My dad is a Skins fan but never forced it on me. Not sure you can say what age fits the criteria. I'm 25 and a life long fan so your criteria is flawed.

My point was, if you are OLDER than 25 you probably had a first love that wasn't the Panthers.

I can easily believe that someone your age never had another team.

Just a discussion starter really.

I was 7 when the Panthers and Jaguars entered the league. The summer before Year One began, my cousin gave me the two new team's helmets from the quarter machine. He asked me which one I liked more. Living in Eagle country, I refused to become an Eagle fan, no matter how many games and Eagles merchandise an uncle of mine gave me.

I decided it was the perfect time to pick a team, picked Carolina because of their colors. In hindsight, I think I made the right choice, and is awesome that I can say I was a fan since the beginning. Even have my old kid's Kerry Collins Jersey still. (Let the flaming begin)

I was 17 when I started caring about football. My dad didn't watch on a consistent enough basis to have a "favorite" team and therefore I had no prior feelings about teams. So I followed the Panthers. It just so happened to be the 2003 season. I'm 30 now and I hate the Cowgirls and Saints as equally as I love the Panthers.

I was 14 and on the other side of the world, saw few games and otherwise got exposed to Gridiron in general and decided I should follow a team properly. There were a couple of new expansion teams coming the next year and one was the "Panthers" which was my favourite animal. For a 14 year old that was enough. Followed them as best I could with game scores in the sports section of the paper etc, caught any games I could until I was about 20 when games were being regularly televised. Watched most of our 2003 season in a 24 hour sports bar where I would get them to turn one TV around the side of the place to the NFL and order drinks and food to make it worth their while (remember games start anywhere between 3 and 10 AM Monday). So some uni classes suffered a little, but not too badly. For the last 3 or 4 years I have been spending the $200+ a year to get GamePass and watch the games from my PC (now onto the TV), trying not to wake the family which I'm not always successful with.

30, played baseball and basketball as a kid. I stuck to what I played when watching tv, so the hornets and Braves. Didn't start watching football until the Panthers 96 season. Picked the Panthers for two reasons.

1. Home state

2. Rest of my Family was Redskins or Cowboy fans that kept trying to get me into football. Picking the Panther's pissed them off.

I'm 27 so I started understanding football when the Panthers came into play..before that my mom dressed me in Bills or Giants stuff since I live in Western NY but I was never a true fan. Once my aunt started sending me stuff in 95 it's been Panthers ever since

I'm 29 and never watched football before the Panthers, I'm a diehard life long fan, before 2010(was in Australia) I either watched every game in person, TV or listened to every game on the radio. Never missed a game for 14 years, recently my work schedule is counter productive to watching games live but I still watch the games when I get home.

Archived