• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

How many true, lifelong Panthers fans are actually out there?

SIGCHI222

I moved to NC during my JR year in high school and started following the Panthers a little bit more closely. I paid more and more attention to them as the years went by. That and every Panther fan I've ever met has been cool as poo . Also I love how interactive the franchise is with the fan base.  I'm not a lifer though. There was another team before. 

Born in '85 and lived my whole life in Chapel Hill outside of some travel and going to college in Boone. Still remember the Hall of Fame game between the Panthers and the Jags in 95/96. Always wanted to be able to develope them as a fierce rival but their total mediocrity coupled with them being in the AFC has kind of put a damper on that idea.

Gotta ask....how in the world did you come across the Panthers all the way in Belgium?

I didn't watch much Football, except the Superbowl. Did love the way the game was played thought, so few years ago I started reading about the game, watching games, etc. That way I learned a bit about the game of Football. Read about some teams, but got interested in the Panthers way of playing, history and future. It did help that they also have the colours of my favorite soccer team Club Brugge (black & blue).

Now I even get up during the nights to watch the games, wearing my Panthers shirt :) love it! I hope the Panthers will play an away game in London soon! Or I'll have to come to Charlotte.

I'm 29 and I was born and raised in the bay area, and lived in California my whole life. I first got into professional sports when I was 10 years old, which so happened to be the first year the Jags and Panthers played. My dad was never a fan of the game, and even though all my cousins were Niner/Raider fans, I decided to follow a team with a clean slate. I could have easily chosen the Jags, but what drew me to the Panthers were the colors! I'm glad I made that decision.

Anyways, I don't remember much from 1995, but I do have memories of the 1996 season, especially that playoff game again the Packers where Favre and Dorsey Levens tore us up ;-(

Either way, I've stuck with my Panthers ever since. Been through some rough times (1-15), and various heartbreaks, but it's all been worth it, especially now after our draft and our very promising future!

My high school played against Dorsey Levens in football and basketball. I think they won 77-0 and he was the first guy I've ever seen in high school reverse dunk in a game. He was a man among boys.

I'm 38 and always loved football. Until the panthers came along, I followed the Chiefs the most. Living in Kentucky back then, your choices were limited. Colts, Bears, or Bengals. The Chiefs were a great team to gamble on in the 90's. As long as it wasn't in the playoffs. i did follow the Titans when they first moved to Tennessee. But once they announced the panthers, it was automatic. I was glad for many reasons to move back to NC. But watching the games was a big reason to.

I'm 29 and I was born and raised in the bay area, and lived in California my whole life. I first got into professional sports when I was 10 years old, which so happened to be the first year the Jags and Panthers played. My dad was never a fan of the game, and even though all my cousins were Niner/Raider fans, I decided to follow a team with a clean slate. I could have easily chosen the Jags, but what drew me to the Panthers were the colors! I'm glad I made that decision.

Anyways, I don't remember much from 1995, but I do have memories of the 1996 season, especially that playoff game again the Packers where Favre and Dorsey Levens tore us up ;-(

Either way, I've stuck with my Panthers ever since. Been through some rough times (1-15), and various heartbreaks, but it's all been worth it, especially now after our draft and our very promising future!

You should have kissed your cousins on their forehead.

Archived