• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

what's worse than airports that have scant dining options before the check-in counters?

PhillyB

nothing. my brother-in-law dropped me off at dulles at 4am and my flight doesn't leave until 9pm, so i've got thirteen hours before i can check in. napping on the concrete floor and choosing between the absurdly expensive chop house and the convenience store where i can get a bag of skittles. where's a fuging wendys when you need one? there's probably eight on the other side of customs.

i was going to take a bus up (far cheaper than flights) but my brother-in-law offered to drive me for free. i just had about $9000 of expenses broadside me in the last two weeks (blown HVAC system, blown sewer/drainage line, and car repair) so i jumped on it. i'll just sit here and work on thesis poo all day.

this cheddar burger is some good poo though so maybe i take back the thread

All those flyer miles and you haven't scored one of those Club/Lounge passes?

I'm sure you could talk your way into the United Global First lounge, drink some scotch and hors d'oeuvres. Heck you might get lucky and meet some of those leech lobbyist or strike gold and handshake with some Congress Critters. Just pretend to be one characters in the Tinderbox spectrum (except Pstall, cause neither side really cares about independents) and you'll have another chapter for your book. 

two options...go through security and find out what's on the other side

b, catch a bus and head to town or whereever you can go.

the odds of me spending that many hours in an airport before a flight is slim and sweet F^%k all

i spent 60 hours at the airport in kuala lumpur a few years back when i had a rash of bad luck with flights... but they had big cushy bench seats with low lighting on an upstairs terrace and ten restaurant options in the flight checkin terminal. take some lessons IAD

i've been doing long-ass layovers for the past six years. i slept on the concrete walkway in front of the departure terminal in sulawesi, inside kuala lumpur intn'l, at the taiwan airport, LAX, in baltimore... i have found over the years that the back brace on my backpack makes a kickass pillow. long layovers are fun because i pretty much get a dozen straight hours reading, writing, or sketching maps in my journal. it's a vacation all its own.

i just want some goddamn cheap food, that's all

Archived