• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Explain your Huddle username

Khaki Lackey

So in the early 90s after high school I decided I wanted to be a Pirate. A real sail the seven seas pirate...not like going to ECU or even going gay. I had saved some money from working at the local movie theater and decided to go for it. I bought a ticket to Somalia because I figured the Gulf od Aden would be some primo real estate to do some pirating. It was a long flight and was hotter than I thought it was going to be when I got there.

Unfortunately, I didn't realize most Somalis don't speak English and so when I got off the plane I headed straight to the docks. I figured maybe a pirate boat would be docked getting supplies or something. It was hard communicating and I most got strange looks. Then I saw a guy who was missing part of his leg and I realized he must be the pirate Captain I'd been looking for. I explained what I was trying to do. He looked me up and down with his grizzled pirate eyes and simply asked me my name.

I hadn't thought of that. I had most of this planned out (not that my parents understood...they never understood anything I did), but I hadn't thought of a pirate name. Every good pirate has a tough sounding name. My mind raced and all I could think of were Black Beard, Blue Beard, Morgan Stanley and strangely I also thought about that golf course Blackmoor (but I don't think they have golf courses in Somalia).

So I just blurted out "Moorgan". We laughed and laughed and after that the name just kinda stuck.

So in the early 90s after high school I decided I wanted to be a Pirate. A real sail the seven seas pirate...not like going to ECU or even going gay. I had saved some money from working at the local movie theater and decided to go for it. I bought a ticket to Somalia because I figured the Gulf od Aden would be some primo real estate to do some pirating. It was a long flight and was hotter than I thought it was going to be when I got there.

Unfortunately, I didn't realize most Somalis don't speak English and so when I got off the plane I headed straight to the docks. I figured maybe a pirate boat would be docked getting supplies or something. It was hard communicating and I most got strange looks. Then I saw a guy who was missing part of his leg and I realized he must be the pirate Captain I'd been looking for. I explained what I was trying to do. He looked me up and down with his grizzled pirate eyes and simply asked me my name.

I hadn't thought of that. I had most of this planned out (not that my parents understood...they never understood anything I did), but I hadn't thought of a pirate name. Every good pirate has a tough sounding name. My mind raced and all I could think of were Black Beard, Blue Beard, Morgan Stanley and strangely I also thought about that golf course Blackmoor (but I don't think they have golf courses in Somalia).

So I just blurted out "Moorgan". We laughed and laughed and after that the name just kinda stuck.

Was waiting for the old "Fresh Prince bait and switch" to rear its head. GG.

First thing that popped in my head when a ditzy girl in a bar asked what my name was. I said it like James Bond...."Rockets, Johnny Rockets". She 100% believed it and it just became one of those legendary stupid stories with some of my friends that I was out with that night.  

Seemed like a good user name for this place when I signed up. Weird thing is that I had never heard of the restaurant by the same name until after someone on here mentioned it many years ago. 

First thing that popped in my head when a ditzy girl in a bar asked what my name was. I said it like James Bond...."Rockets, Johnny Rockets". She 100% believed it and it just became one of those legendary stupid stories with some of my friends that I was out with that night.

Seemed like a good user name for this place when I signed up. Weird thing is that I had never heard of the restaurant by the same name until after someone on here mentioned it many years ago.

Need pics of girl at the bar.

Archived