• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

where are you now?

rko396

I'm being serious here b/c I really don't know. Name me a team that went 0-4 in the preseason that was any good in the regular season. I sure can't think of one.

Back a couple of years, the Colts went 0-4 for, like, 3 preseasons in a row and they won their division each year. They were 1-3 preseason in the year they won the Super Bowl.

Also, Cardinals. http://www.carolinahuddle.com/forum/carolina-panthers/19049-if-makes-you-feel-better.html

Plz!! stop beating a dead horse! If you go back and look at preseason records and compare to regular season it tells you, most bad teams have better depth. Most quality teams pull their starters early in these games and go on to successful seasons. The main reason for these games is to look at young players under game conditions. I would rather go 0-4 and find a couple of FA gems, than to go undefeated and lose more starters to injury. Take my advice dont go researching past preseasons, its a waste of time.

uh ya, sorry guys, i wasnt talking about records. I couldnt care less if we are 4-0 or 0-4 in preseason. Its seeing your starting defensive line getting pushed 5 yards of the line by backups that really lets u know how long this season is gunna be.

And for you, "its just preseason" guys, im sorry its taking you longer then others to realize our team may not be as good as we all thought heading into training camp. At least as of right now. It will be much easier to deal with it, if you come to terms now. its ok we're all here for u

I am in the same place I was in before the draft. The Panthers will not win the Superbowl this year. I don't see it happening and outside of winning the Superbowl is there any such thing as having a successful season? I really hope that we can end up with a winning season so that we can finally have back to back winning seasons, and I think that is very possible. I think that a division title is still possible although a wildcard spot is probably more likely. But that still doesn't mean that much to me; all I care about is a championship and like I said I didn't see that happening this season back before the draft, during OTAs, during training camp or during preseason. I still don't see it happening so take that for what it is.

When talking preseason football, records are irrelevant. If your first teams go out and execute as they should as first-teamers, then all is good. If your second and third teams come in and f*ck up the game because they're still learning the ropes, then you lose the damn game. Big deal. The 0-4 record doesn't bother me at all. What I've seen from our defense in four straight exhibition games does bother me. Goodson's three fumbles in the preseason bother me a little. I take it with a grain of salt, it is the preseason, and I am an optimistic fan. It's hard for me as a fan though, to accept anything less than all-out from everybody, even in a meaningless preseason game.

I keep seeing them continuing to work things out and generally improve. With a good push from the line, the help of Leonard, peppers going full out and beason back, we will continue to get better every week. With the first team offense on the field all game we will get continuity and put together drives and take time off the clock which limits the opposition's opportunities.

We may still look bad a few games particularly in the beginning but by week 6 or 7 will start on a roll. We will come from behind to end up on the playoffs just like we did in 2005 when we started off 1-2.

they've made some decent improvements in things over the past 4 weeks.

offense looks pretty good. i love the running game and the ball is being spread around more...TEs are more involved. the 2 TE sets are nice. williams looks every bit as good as last year. stewart will be back week one. goodson is a very nice addition. i'm loving kenny moore. if jake is sucessful in spreading the ball around more (you know, to our guys) and we run the ball as well as we do i think this offense is going to be better and more effective than last year. it may take a little bit to get into their groove but when things click it will be purty.

special teams...they are goingto take some time to gel. remember we are pretty much starting all over since they lost so much of it in the offseason. i think it will be ok as long as the returners can figure out how to keep from dropping the ball. they can work on that, though. i did see on that punt return for a TD that they had goodson lining up as a gunner....let's not do that again, shall we? he and whoever was working on the other end of the field got jammed at the line by 2 guys each and didn't make it down the field any faster than the rest of the squad. they have to find the right personnel there.

the defense is the thing that is worrying me the most. i've been hitting it kind of hard lately. that emphasis on stripping the ball rather than tackling is a bad idea that is going to shoot us in the foot more than it helps.

the defensive ends and linebackers i feel really good about. we are very solid there. we have a deep bench and lots of talent. they are quick and can tackle well....at least better than the secondary anyway.

the DTS....i don't see that as the weakest link anymore. they are improving. i don't like the idea of hayden starting but he is sucking less. he had a nice spin move that i saw and was making himself more known in a positive way thursday. more good than bad for him at the moment. still not trusting him, though. i like leonard's potential. he's a strong guy and he might just have to have two blockers assigned to him. that's all i really want from a DT. occupy a couple linemen. anything more than that is a luxury.

the weakest link is the secondary. coverage has been pretty bad but the thing that is the worst is the tackling. too much emphasis on stripping there. the rest of the team, from what i have seen, has gotten better at tackling. they aren't where they should be but i saw improvement.

the secondary is a whole other beast. a lot of guys just don't get it. the only two that i feel good about in that regard is captain munnerlynn and joe fields (who might not even make the team). godfrey and marshall have been horrible. teal is useless....seriously. re: marshall, the touchdown from that dude that got cut? marshall had a chance to help stop it but instead of helping to bring him down he tried to strip the ball....on the one yard line. that just made me mad. i really hope that is something that the team really hits hard on this next week. it's pathetic.

all that said, i think the things that are wrong are fixable and could be mostly worked out by the bye week. i could see us being 1-3 going into the bye and then losing the game after (customary loss after the bye) but then finish strong the rest of the season.

10-6 is still attainable. until they prove otherwise i will believe.

that's where i am.

so what i've gathered from this is the pre-season means poo, we will not win the superbowl and most people need someone to hold them before they wet their panties. maybe we should quit trying to be f**king fortune tellers and watch some f**king football?

Archived