• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Who is going to get paid more?

Devil Doc

​No sir.

MLB's just aren't as valuable.

He will be the top MLB, but probably not the top LB, at least not for long, 34 OLB's get PAID.

And he definitely won't be close to the top paid defensive player. Donkey Kong Suhs contract is ridiculous. Luke is not getting that type of money.

I could make an arguement that Luke kuekley is a better football player than Cam Newton, just barely. 

But, MLBs really dont get paid that much compared to other positions on defense. 

Eversince the emergence of Lawrence Taylor, teams have started moving away from linebacker dominated defenses and moved towards freak DEs making all the money. 

Unless Keek is 'rewarded' with an exceptional contract for his position, he will probably never make more that 7 million a year. I do think that he has a great impact on our team, both on the field and off and may be worth paying a little bit extra for leaving everything on the field... that being said, Luke will probably never make half as much money as Cam Newton does. 

Football is a business. Not only is a franchise QB hard to find, but e also is invaluable as a marketing tool for the owner. Cam Newton makes money for Richardson both on and off the field. Of course Luke does too, but that is just because he is a special player... not because he is a franchise QB.

Not more than 7 mil? He's already gonna make 11 mil on his 5th year player option. I see him averaging about 12-13 mile a year when we extend him.

Not more than 7 mil? He's already gonna make 11 mil on his 5th year player option. I see him averaging about 12-13 mile a year when we extend him.

​that 11m is preset due to draft status. it has no correlation to the position he plays. his best year would probably get him 11 but average slightly less than 10.

Since this thread basically went down the gutter, I'll save it by making a better question out of the thread title...

Who is going to get paid more? Wilson or Luck?

Hidden Content

Or even better, who is going to get over paid more?  Wilson or Luck? 

Luke will get between $12 and $15 million a year will be 6 year deal. So 72 to 90 million over the contract life.  

With the franchise tag being 13.1 million this year and going up each year after that, I wouldn't be surprised to see Luke make 15 million a year average.  Could be more, who knows. But after seeing Cam get paid he will be expecting to be paid as well. Cam was paid top 3 money for a quarterback and Luke will want to be the highest paid middle linebacker in the league. And deservingly so.

With the franchise tag being 13.1 million this year and going up each year after that, I wouldn't be surprised to see Luke make 15 million a year average.  Could be more, who knows. But after seeing Cam get paid he will be expecting to be paid as well. Cam was paid top 3 money for a quarterback and Luke will want to be the highest paid middle linebacker in the league. And deservingly so.

​Pssst....franchise tag is based on what position you play. Top 5 Middle/Inside LBs average is much lower than top 5 DEs average that Hardy got last year, the $13.1 million you quoted.

Franchise for Luke would be $8.74 million. That's counting Clay Matthews as an OLB, which he was when he signed his newest contract.. If Matthews is considered an inside LB now, the franchise tag for Luke would be $9.77 million.

​Pssst....franchise tag is based on what position you play. Top 5 Middle/Inside LBs average is much lower than top 5 DEs average that Hardy got last year, the $13.1 million you quoted.

Franchise for Luke would be $8.74 million. That's counting Clay Matthews as an OLB, which he was when he signed his newest contract.. If Matthews is considered an inside LB now, the franchise tag for Luke would be $9.77 million.

I don't know where you get your numbers but there is not a different franchise tag for inside linebackers versus outside linebackers. The number is 13.1 for linebackers for 2015. That will be the numbers they will have to pay him if they tag him and it goes up from there. What are you babbling about?

I don't know where you get your numbers but there is not a different franchise tag for inside linebackers versus outside linebackers. The number is 13.1 for linebackers for 2015. That will be the numbers they will have to pay him if they tag him and it goes up from there. What are you babbling about?

Fug. Thought Inside LBs had different numbers than Outside LBs since OLBs get paid more for pass-rushing. ​I did my own math on the top 5 inside LBs.

Welp, hope Luke doesn't want OLB $$$.

Archived