• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Top 5 since Jordan?

Since MJ retired, who have been the best players in the league? Simple topic. 

My list:

1.Duncan: 5 rings, no losing seasons, unstoppable in the post during his prime, a few MVP awards, ultimate team player, best PF ever, etc. I don't need to keep going on

2.Kobe: He's a complete headcase and a bit of a locker-room 'cancer'(hate to use that word). But you can't deny his skill and his 5 rings. Very clutch as well and can be a team player when needed.

3.Shaq: Completely under-rated in his prime. From 2000-2004, he was arguably the most dominant player there ever was. Completely unstoppable with the ball in the post and didn't mind passing if when he got double teamed. Not only that but he was an excellent rebounder and defender. A complete physical freak. And that was back when the league had much better big men. He might average 30 and 20 and his prime today.

4.LeBron: No explanation needed really. His jumpshot and clutch play is a bit inconsistent, and so is his defense sometimes. But other than that he's flawless.

5.AI: The most courageous player I've ever seen. Could heat up whenever, and dragged a lifeless corpus of a 76ers team to the finals. 

Lebron needs to win at least this years championship plus 1 or 2 more before he can be put above Duncan, Shaq, and Kobe.

James is going to go down as one of the greatest ever, but the way people poo on other greats just to prop him up is laughable.

Lebron needs to win at least this years championship plus 1 or 2 more before he can be put above Duncan, Shaq, and Kobe.

James is going to go down as one of the greatest ever, but the way people poo on other greats just to prop him up is laughable.

No he doesn't. LeBron has already won 2 titles. Wilt Chamberlain, Olajuwon, etc only won 2 titles. Malone, Payton, etc never won a title. Larry Bird won 3 titles. The guys that won 4+ titles (Jordan, Shaq, Kobe, Magic, Duncan, etc) were surrounded by all time great coaches and players. LeBron has never had a great coach and outside of Miami has never had great teams in the playoffs. If you switch LeBron & Kobe on the teams they played on, LeBron would have 7+ titles and Kobe would have 0. LeBron is easily the best player since Jordan.

No he doesn't. LeBron has already won 2 titles. Wilt Chamberlain, Olajuwon, etc only won 2 titles. Malone, Payton, etc never won a title. Larry Bird won 3 titles. The guys that won 4+ titles (Jordan, Shaq, Kobe, Magic, Duncan, etc) were surrounded by all time great coaches and players. LeBron has never had a great coach and outside of Miami has never had great teams in the playoffs. If you switch LeBron & Kobe on the teams they played on, LeBron would have 7+ titles and Kobe would have 0. LeBron is easily the best player since Jordan.

​I don't care for going back multiple eras, and attempting to make comparisons. I mentioned those 3 guys because they are at least in relatively the same era.

The NBA in terms of real talented competition across the entire league these days is pretty mediocre though.

Your last line is pure speculation. You could make that paper thin argument about putting such and such player on such and such team until you are blue in the face. It still means poo by the time you're done wasting all that oxygen attempting to articulate it. We'll never know. Just appreciate each player for the impact they made.

Archived