• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

OFFICIAL: LANCE STEPHENSON TRADED TO CLIPPERS FOR MATT BARNES AND SPENCER HAWES

CCU Norman

It sounds like Hawes will be here in 2015/16 at the least so we might as well hope for the best.  

The Hornets should take a big focus on offense and if Hawes can become a decent role player, it's a totally viable situation.  He fits well behind Al as much as an off year that he had last season.  Also, with the new TV deal, his ~5.5 mil./yr (2016-2017) shouldn't be unbearable.  We've got enough defensive guys that his deficiencies will be masked well here.      

I know people were for some reason "optimistic" about Lance again but holy crap, he shot 37% 2pt, 17.1% 3PT.  I'm just relieved we got something..which is essentially Spencer Hawes plus $1.6 mil more this offseason.  Yeah, we'll have to pay him over the next few years but it's workable.   

With this clearing space just for this offseason, it makes me think we aren't done.  The question is, do we have any movable assets?    

Yeah, I honestly think they are trying to revise history with this move... Lost mcbob, felt like they missed him all season, so they trade a mistake signing for a big that can shoot threes and is considered a great passer. I really hope CB is right and the draft day trade will involve Al. I just want his ass gone.

Cho has lost his mind. He has always been terrible at drafting but was always good at trades until he just got fleeced by Rivers on this one. Its time to bring in someone who knows how to build a winning team like Ferry.

​NBA experts speculated it would take a future 1st rounder to unload Stephenson. I don't know if you're still on the bandwagon or you just don't understand. 

I remember the talk of getting rid of Lance for anything, or just cutting his ass for nothing, now a trade comes where we get two players (whether one is waived or not) and people act like we poo the bed.  I didn't see Lance making a statement next season for us and think it was best we got rid of him, in all honesty I don't think we could have received much better. I'm still hoping for some draft day trading to go on, but I'm not holding my breath.

I was 100% wrong about calling lance the best value signing of last year. The guy couldn't shoot AT-all and was very toxic. It just didn't work and best to part ways. Every team knew they wanted to dump lance, shocked they founded a taker. Doc is making a HUGE gamble, shocked lance got this in return.

have you seen the videos of Hawes on Hornets.com

he looks so pissed to be here.. coming from Lob City to the Queens City- could be worse IMO but he looks mad

​Well he did say that he flew out from California to North Carolina at 6 am. I would put his demeanor more on that and the surprise of being traded than just not wanting to be in Charlotte. He was laughing, smiling, and joking in the one on one interview. Who knows though.

Archived