• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Big Play Bene

Jeremy Igo

Need to sign off for the night after a day in which I obsessed a bit on the Panthers.... LOL. (The TD extension yesterday got me so stoked, just wanted to keep reading more Panther news...)  But before I sign ogg:

Here's more RR comments about Bene, and Peanut's comments about Bene in an article by Joe Person in the CO:

http://www.charlotteobserver.com/sports/nfl/carolina-panthers/article24654826.html

Rivera said Benwikere's field vision and football IQ make him a good fit in the slot. And though the 5-foot-11 Benwikere is not as tall as first-team corners Josh Norman (6-0) or Charles Tillman (6-2), Rivera says he plays tall.

"Would I like to have him be a 6-2 guy or 6-1 like Josh? Yes," Rivera said. "But because he plays long, he's got great leaping ability and long arms, I think he makes up for it."

Benwikere says adding the veteran Tillman to the corner mix has improved the secondary's communication.

And Tillman has been impressed with Benwikere in the brief time they've been together. Tuesday was no exception.

"I think the interception speaks for itself," Tillman said. "Here’s a guy who has so much talent and so much ability, and he’s smart. The nickel position is probably one of the hardest positions to play because you’re never right. ... I like him. I think he looks good at that position and it fits him well."

Maybe .... just maybe .... where they're lining up Bene has more to say about Tillman than about Benwikere. Like, 2 things to say. Rivera & McDermott: Let's see what Peanut has left in the tank. Wilks to all DB's on the sideline: All eyes on Tillman & learn, men, learn!

​Just signed him yesterday - news was eclipsed a bit by TD contract extension.  Seems like he's had some good years, notably 2012. See PFF comments here evaluating 2013 Free Agents:

I understand he's one of the famous Gettleman rehab projects.  Huddle thread link below:

​Wow, so we are pretty much 2 deep at both cornerback spots with starters. I'll take it. 

Archived