• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Positions of need/change?

bLACKpANTHER

PG: Kemba, Roberts

SG: Batum, PJ, Daniels

SF: MKG, Lamb

PF: Hawes, Zeller, Williams

C: Jefferson, Kaminsky

Coming off the books- Mo Williams, Jeff Taylor, Maxiell, BIZ and finally stop paying the amnesty on Tyrus Thomas (even though that didn't count against the cap).

We obviously need a 3rd PG. Another wing scorer would help immensely. I feel like we have a lot of players playing out of position. Have you ever heard of a 6'8 SG? We are forced to do so because of MKG's shooting ability or lack thereof. I hope he did what he did last year and stayed in the gym so he keeps improving that shot because in all actuality- this is what we have:

SG: Lamb, PJ, Daniels

SF: Batum, MKG

PF: Hawes, Zeller, Kaminsky, Williams

C: Jefferson

Omega gave a good pitch for bringing Biz back on a qualifying offer http://www.carolinahuddle.com/boards/blogs/entry/16-a-case-for-bismack-biyombo/, but I think we need add another wing defender/scorer. Jeffery Taylor's qualifying offer would only be a little less than $1.2 mil- that is spare change compared to others on the FA market that does what he does. I think Taylor still wasn't 100% coming off the achilles injury. I would love to see what he can do again this year. I know the domestic violence charge is a shadow hanging over him but we sure could use his defense. Especially in Clifford's system- the only decent-above average defenders we have are MKG, Batum, Zeller and Marvin. We will have to see what Cho does. We have lost the playoff-glow we had last year. I don't know if this is the same team we will be taking into the season this year.

SG: Batum, PJ, Daniels

SF: MKG, Lamb

PF: Hawes, Zeller, Williams

Coming off the books- Mo Williams, Jeff Taylor, Maxiell, BIZ and finally stop paying the amnesty on Tyrus Thomas (even though that didn't count against the cap).

We obviously need a 3rd PG. Another wing scorer would help immensely. I feel like we have a lot of players playing out of position. Have you ever heard of a 6'8 SG? We are forced to do so because of MKG's shooting ability or lack thereof. I hope he did what he did last year and stayed in the gym so he keeps improving that shot because in all actuality- this is what we have:

SG: Lamb, PJ, Daniels

SF: Batum, MKG

PF: Hawes, Zeller, Kaminsky, Williams

C: Jefferson

Omega gave a good pitch for bringing Biz back on a qualifying offer http://www.carolinahuddle.com/boards/blogs/entry/16-a-case-for-bismack-biyombo/, but I think we need add another wing defender/scorer. Jeffery Taylor's qualifying offer would only be a little less than $1.2 mil- that is spare change compared to others on the FA market that does what he does. I think Taylor still wasn't 100% coming off the achilles injury. I would love to see what he can do again this year. I know the domestic violence charge is a shadow hanging over him but we sure could use his defense. Especially in Clifford's system- the only decent-above average defenders we have are MKG, Batum, Zeller and Marvin. We will have to see what Cho does. We have lost the playoff-glow we had last year. I don't know if this is the same team we will be taking into the season this year.

SG and SF are about as interchangeable as SS and FS. 

I don't see an issue with Batum at the 2.

Keep in mind that his size gives him a clear advantage over a lot of 2's tasked with guarding him.

Batum is a SG, he's big but apparently he plays better at that position.

Ditch Al, either keep Biz or get another rim protector C MW can be backup SF.

Get another PG and try and trade Al, Taylor, and maybe one other guy idk.

Batum is fine at SG mostly.  Lamb can play SG too I believe.

We need PG help for sure.

We need Biz back, it's obvious.  If we could send Al somewhere that would be a huge help and make us better IMO.  Biz can start if he has someone with him that has offense, I've always felt like that.  If Biz can drop 10 points and keep up the boards/blocks we're OK.

Taylor is not worth it, he's the training camp hero every year, he's mediocre like Henderson, time to move on.    Marvin is more of a SF anyway and can play that roll too.  

I think the biggest moves we can do is another PG and signing Biz.  That's about all we have the flexability for I think, unless some big miracle happens and we can unload Al and Marvin.

True Zaximus- I wonder if they are thinking of changing Williams to more natural position of SF. He seemed to be playing out of position last year at PF.

SG: Batum, Lamb, PJ, Daniels

SF: MKG, Williams

PF: Hawes, Zeller

Archived