• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

So Wegher beat out Reaves

Jeremy Igo

I'm assuming Stewart, Fozzy & CAP all make the 53 man roster (kind of a no brainer...), and I'm pretty confident Todman might make it too. 

I think Wegher will make the Practice Squad.

I've been thinking for awhile that Reaves might be a casualty as far as the roster.  Assuming no other team grabs him, will he still be eligible for the PS after camp now that we've waived him?

Is it unusual to carry 4 RBs?  Here's how I have the offense shaking out on the 53 man roster at the moment:

OffenseQB2
 TE3
 FB1
 RB4
 C2
 OG3
 OT5
 WR6

Off Total

I'm assuming Stewart, Fozzy & CAP all make the 53 man roster (kind of a no brainer...), and I'm pretty confident Todman might make it too. 

I think Wegher will make the Practice Squad.

I've been thinking for awhile that Reaves might be a casualty as far as the roster.  Assuming no other team grabs him, will he still be eligible for the PS after camp now that we've waived him?

Is it unusual to carry 4 RBs?  Here's how I have the offense shaking out on the 53 man roster at the moment:

OffenseQB2
 TE3
 FB1
 RB4
 C2
 OG3
 OT5
 WR6

Off Total

What was Reaves practice squad eligibility situation? I can never keep those rules straight.

What was Reaves practice squad eligibility situation? I can never keep those rules straight.

I've been thinking he is eligible.  He played only 6 games last year (his first year).  I'm not sure how many games he was on the active roster, but I *THINK* he had less than an accrued season [Update: it looks like Reaves was only active for the 6 games he played in, so that should mean he is eligible]

Here is a simplified version of the rules:

A player can be eligible if he does not have an accrued season in the NFL, although the NFL has now approved a maximum of two spots on the PS for players with no more than two accrued seasons. To have an accrued season, you have to be active for at least six regular-season games. A player can also go to the practice squad with an accrued season provided they were on the 45-man active roster for less than nine-regular season games.

from here: http://www.sbnation.com/nfl/2014/8/29/6077941/nfl-practice-squad-rules-eligibility-salary-deadline

Archived