• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Buffalo- The land the economy forgot (and where butter is a vegetable)

SCP

Well, it's preseason football week and I am just too busy to write a smack thread so I have posted a link to a thread from the last time we played the sweaty slobs from western New York.  Lets hope for a good look at our rookies and for a clean game with no injuries for both teams.

Having now attended a game in Buffalo a couple of years ago, I will say that it's a GREAT place to tailgate and the fans are generally that blue collar, hard working and drinking type that we wish we had more of here. The stadium is in a quiet neighborhood but that doesn't stop them from having great little bars on both side of the stadium where you get to see things like Andre Reed trying to pick up chicks with his Bills HoF jacket. When they won on that last drive aided by Lukes boneheaded penalty, that stadium went really crazy, so much so that while yeah it sucked to lose like that, it was great to see everyone else there in such a good mood.

Wish I could be up there tomorrow as a matter of fact.

PS Their French Canadian fans are absolutely bonkers.

How they make it through the night

DSCN2134

Pinto Ron's traditional pre game ritual

IMG_0755

The result

Yeah, thats good thanks

Why he's Pinto Ron

The famous Pinto doing it's thing

The secret to "authentic" Buffalo Wings is apparently you have to cook them in a Mailbox oven. They cooked pizzas in a filing cabinet as well.

Jamacian Jerk Chicken mailbox style

Ah, post game down time

Why am on my side? Or on the ground? What?

Russian booze out of Rons bowling ball

After that game, I needed to drink from a dirty sticky bowling ball

Archived