• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Official Panthers - Bills GameDay Thread

Jeremy Igo

It seems to me you're the one that's being a dick.  Did Byrd bang your girlfriend or something?  Why the hate? 

Screen name tells the story. Gamecocks play Tarheels week 1. After that game he will be allowed to love Byrd. Completely understandable hate at this time. 

Ahem.. fug YOU TRE BOSTON EAT A DICK! WHY DONT YOU HAVE A FORCED FUMBLE AND 2 PICKS.. YOU fuging SCRUB.. and so on and so forth.

And some of y'all like what you seen from Byrd and I don't know how, he had a couple drops that were easy passes but I might ned to watch the game again

Had one drop, the other was just well defended.  Even Funchess had a drop.  They're rookies, probably just nerves.  People's expectations are just too high on this board.  Just a reminder, Byrd is an undrafted rookie.  He's not going to come out in his first preseason game and get 100+ receiving yards.  Even Amari Cooper, who went 4th overall, finished with 3 receptions for 22 yards.  His and Byrd's stats were nearly identical.  Just saying. 

Overall thoughts on the game.  Not going to be too critical since it was only the first preseason game.

[...]

TE:  Did Williams play?  Really liked what I saw from Lucas.  If he continues to play like that, then it might be time to say bye bye to B. Williams.

Nice summary...

Just FYI: Brandon Williams is still on the PUP list, and I think he missed most (all?) of OTAs too.  So he is on the bubble for sure.

Question: 

In the game summary by Bill Voth at BBR is this comment:  "CB Bené Benwikere, who missed the first week of training camp with a tight hamstring, was back in his No. 1 nickel role."

DID Bene actually play?  I don't remember hearing his name at all or seeing anyone make any comment on his play?   I was thinking he'd been held out due to his hamstring.

Question: 

In the game summary by Bill Voth at BBR is this comment:  "CB Bené Benwikere, who missed the first week of training camp with a tight hamstring, was back in his No. 1 nickel role."

DID Bene actually play?  I don't remember hearing his name at all or seeing anyone make any comment on his play?   I was thinking he'd been held out due to his hamstring.

i don't think i noticed him in the game.  if he did play he got pulled after the first or second series.

Turns out he did play, but I don't know how many snaps.  There's a picture of him in the Observer photo gallery.

Carolina Panthers' Bene' Benwikere (25) helps to brings down Buffalo Bills' Charles Clay (85) in the first half of Friday’s exhibition game. The starting and backup linebackers showed well during the initial outing.

Carolina Panthers' Bene' Benwikere (25) helps to brings down Buffalo Bills' Charles Clay (85) in the first half of Friday’s exhibition game. The starting and backup linebackers showed well during the initial outing. David T. Foster III [email protected]

I thought the team looked fairly decent last night.

I didn't like the lack of push in the running game from the first team but the protection was pretty decent. I see a lot of comments about Fozzy but to me he looked good. He just had no where to run.

Defense was avg but we aren't seeing the real D here. Star and KK make the world of difference.

Apparently Ron was not pleased with the second team defense. "Unacceptable and upsetting" he said. I'm not sure what he expected. They made the decision to prioritize special teams play over position depth. This is what happens. 

I think it was alot about having 10 penalties in 2 quarters of play and not tackling

Archived