• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

So...Cam and KB scored against their 1's?

Silent Majority

I don't think the offense was dreadful on those first two drives.  Cam missed a couple of throws when he had a good pocket that would have completely changed the complexion of our offense's performance.  First, he missed a wide open KB, then an open Cotchery that would have each been first downs, and he also missed a TD to Brown.  Any one of those would have had a big effect on how we looked.  Of course, our run game was dreadful, but if Cam had hit a couple of those misses, I'm sure it would have opened up the defense a bit.  Just goes to show how impactful one or two plays can be.   

KB fell down on his route. Cotch was well covered. Brown was slow off the line and wasn't where he needed to be to get the ball. So it wasn't all Cam like you eluded. It takes two to tango. Also yes no run game at all hurt too. Also slow play calling getting delay of games or calling time out was stupid.

KB fell down on his route. Cotch was well covered. Brown was slow off the line and wasn't where he needed to be to get the ball. So it wasn't all Cam like you eluded. It takes two to tango. Also yes no run game at all hurt too. Also slow play calling getting delay of games or calling time out was stupid.

I believe the KB play was an overthrow either way, but yes he did fall down.  That doesn't change my point though.  A decent throw by Cam and if KB would have stayed on his feet (since there wasn't a Bill anywhere near to cause the slip), and the offense could have looked a lot different.  And nobody was near Cotchery.  Yes, there were several defenders in the area, but none were close enough to make a play on the ball.  Cam just missed him.

My point is that while many look at the result and see horrible play, the reality is simple execution errors by players that will work out the kinks by regular season made them look worse than they were.

I believe the KB play was an overthrow either way, but yes he did fall down.  That doesn't change my point though.  A decent throw by Cam and if KB would have stayed on his feet (since there wasn't a Bill anywhere near to cause the slip), and the offense could have looked a lot different.  And nobody was near Cotchery.  Yes, there were several defenders in the area, but none were close enough to make a play on the ball.  Cam just missed him.

My point is that while many look at the result and see horrible play, the reality is simple execution errors by players that will work out the kinks by regular season made them look worse than they were.

i wasn't disagreeing wwith your point but your first post only mentioned Cam being off when in reality it wasn't just him. Saying Cam missed KB vs Cam missed KB as KB tripped sound totally different. 

i wasn't disagreeing wwith your point but your first post only mentioned Cam being off when in reality it wasn't just him. Saying Cam missed KB vs Cam missed KB as KB tripped sound totally different. 

No biggie, I just wanted to point out how easily our perception of our offense could have been completely different.  Cam's throws  were just an example, but it's something that I don't see being a problem as he gets into the flow of the season.  Nine time out of ten, those plays will be completed.  Here they weren't, so, IMO, our offense looked worse than it was.  

I had Mick and Mike, Mick was terrible. Really enjoyed Gross' sideline reporting. 

Mick is always terrible, stupid puns and doesn't call the game as much as just reminiscing every other down. Never saying what or who the penalties were against pissed me off. Plus Mick will never put down the panthers even when they are sucking. Total yes man.

You also have to remember that on those first 2 drives, Cam had a couple of chances to run for a nice gain but clearly decided (wisely) not to do so.  In the regular season those runs extend the drive and maybe we get into a nice rhythm.  Can't really evaluate the entirely of the offense when your best player isn't even attempting to do one of the things that makes him so special.

The pass to KB where he fell down would have been an easily catchable ball otherwise.  Wasn't a bad throw at all.  The deep throw to Brown was perfect, Brown seemed to have throttled down a gear.  The throw to Cotchery was just off, dunno if that's where Cotchery was supposed to be or if Cam just missed the throw or what.

If Cam makes that perfectly thrown ball this season and KB is allowed that subtle arm extension, then no number one is going to stop that. It will be touchdowns galore.

I didn't get to watch the game. Listened to it on XM with the Bills radio guys. They said KB pushed off blatantly on that play and that it should have been called. True or no?

Archived