• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Huddle Podcast - Talking Panthers with Jonathan Jones

Jeremy Igo

The Huddle Podcast is back!

This week we talk preseason with The Charlotte Observer's Jonathan Jones about the Panthers preseason and more. 

Topics include - 

- Panthers rookies

- Preseason performance

- Mike Tolbert

- More

We are joined by the guys from Brewpublik , a new service in Charlotte that delivers delicious beer to your home, work, or tailgate. Check it out. 

Subscribe via iTunes -> Click Here

View full article

• Pie 2

Thank God. 

Just listened to Grantland's preview from Mays and Barnwell and need a decent podcast to cleanse myself. Just a FYI for anyone who wants the Panthers section of Grantland's NFC South preview...Panthers section starts around 20 minutes, both have us going 7-9, laugh at the OL and say things like Norwell is a dude off the street, give more time to Foucault. Secondary is still trash (no mention of Bene or Norman), and they don't know if the DL is that good (at least for Mays).

Yet the Falcons are winning 9-10 games, and their OL and defensive issues could be fixed. Didn't bother listening to the Saints or Bucs love fest. 

• Pie 2

I can understand them predicting us to go 7-9, but for god's sake at least get the reasoning right.  If I was to make a Panthers 7-9 prediction, my reasoning would be lacking any starting caliber NFL WRs and an 0-4 stretch during murderer's row in weeks 6-9 just crushing the team's morale and confidence.

Unless we really have someone step up at WR, I'd honestly go with a 9-7 prediction right now.  On paper, there's not a worse WR corps in the league.

• Pie 6

Great show as always

A foot injury to a 310lb man is being so overlooked.

I'm not convinced in Tolbert's value as a runner, but it isn't because of Lee Ward. He is not converting short yardage. The preseason was just Deja Vu from last year not scoring. If you asked people to say how many TDs Mike scored LY, few would've guessed zero.

Fans are questioning this because we are so terrible in the redzone and converting 3rd downs I don't want to waste carries. I don't care if he stays, just stop giving him the ball like it's 2013 when he's trending 2014. I think defenses have figured out if you just make a pileup in front of him he can't get through. Don't fight him straight up, just get to his feet.

Edited by ShutDwn
  • Pie 1