• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Final Panthers Cuts

Jeremy Igo

The Carolina Panthers must get down to 53 players by Saturday at 4pm. 

There are a few large question marks still regarding the final roster. Ron Rivera has said 9 positions are up for grabs, more than any season in recent memory. 

I suspect we will see Brian Folkerts waived and then put on IR. I thought Mike Remmers did well at center and rookie Daryl Williams did well at RT, making Folkerts expendable. 

Also will be interesting to see how the running backs shake out. My fear is they keep Fozzy over Wegher, which is a mistake, imo. Fozzy would clear waivers and is still practice squad eligible. Wegher I feel would be snatched up by any number of teams looking for a young healthy back (Texans, Chiefs, Steelers, etc). 

Over at tight end, Simonson has looked sure handed in pass catching, but dismal in run blocking. Brandon Williams will probably get the final tight end roster spot with Marcus Lucas again a practice squad project. 

On the defensive side, has Rakim Cox done enough in preseason to get a jersey? Does David Gettleman cut his first draft pick in David Mayo? 

We will know soon enough. 

As a reminder, the Panthers roster on Sunday probably will not be the final 53. Typically roster moves are still made into week 1 of the NFL. Bubble players typically continue to get cut on Mondays and Tuesdays as free agents are signed. 

View full article

• Pie 6

Nice! I feel like I was just gifted 24 hours. I thought cuts had to be mad by Sunday not Saturday. Nice way to start the morning.

there are some tough decisions coming and the final roster should be a pretty solid 53. I don't envy the personnel decisions coming even if I do envy the paychecks of the people making those decisions.

Imagine playing your heart out last night... Hitting people, taking hits.. And probably having a decent showing.  

Got up this morning... So sore you could bareky walk to take a piss.  

... Then you get cut. 

Thoughts and prayers to those who gave their all and didnt make it. You guys are destined to do great things somewhere else in life. 

• Pie 9