• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Practice Squad Signings

jdpanther5

PRACTICE SQUAD

POSPLAYEREXPCOLLEGE
DTChas Alecxih1Pittsburgh
WRBrenton Bersin2Wofford
LBBrian BlechenRUtah
WRCarrington Byndom1Texas
WRDamiere ByrdRSouth Carolina
DERakim Cox1Villanova
OTDavid Foucault2Montreal
LBAdarius Glanton2Florida Atlantic
TEScott Simonson1Assumption
CBLou Young1Georgia Tech

Here are the 7 players Voth indicated might find places on the PS:

http://blackandbluereview.com/players-panthers-would-like-to-put-on-practice-squad/

Per league sources, Carolina has expressed interest in putting at least these seven players on the practice squad, as long as they clear waivers:

• WR Damiere Byrd
  • TE Scott Simonson
  • OT David Foucault
  • DE Rakim Cox
  • DT Chas Alecxih
  • LB Brian Blechen
  • LB Adarius Glanton

Agree re: Redden.  Does anyone know whether Marcus Lucas could be eligible?

I wouldn't mind Foucault not making the PS.  I think we might have other OLine candidates who are stronger.  Ricky Henry, Martin Wallace.

We might need some CB help too - could we PS Byndom or Lou Young?

This has been an intense camp... There were battles at damn near every postion on offense and most of the defense too.

I like it. I can believe how bad of a GM Hurney really was. This is gettleman getting involved. I think he subscribes to the 'moneyball' manageing technique, or I mean more so than most GMs.

I think we went from the worst GM in the league to the best.

Gettlemen's three drafts (16 total picks, 7 total picks in rounds 1-3):  Lotulelei, Short (name the best DT Hurney ever drafted), Klein, Benjamin, Ealy, Turner, Boston, Benwikere, Thompson, Funchess, Williams, Artis-Payne---I see all starting by next year with the exception of 5th round Klein, who has started.  That is over half of the starting roster.  Throw in Brown, Norwell, Wegher, Marlowe, Coleman, Mitchell, Ginn, Oher, Dickson, etc. etc.  etc. and that is how you build a champion while still digging out of Hurney's debt and bad contracts--some still on the books.  Hats off to GMAN

I think we went from the worst GM in the league to the best.

Gettlemen's three drafts (16 total picks, 7 total picks in rounds 1-3):  Lotulelei, Short , Klein, Benjamin, Ealy, Turner, Boston, Benwikere, Thompson, Funchess, Williams, Artis-Payne---I see all starting by next year with the exception of 5th round Klein, who has started.  That is over half of the starting roster.  Throw in Brown, Norwell, Wegher, Marlowe, Coleman, Mitchell, Ginn, Oher, Dickson, etc. etc.  etc. and that is how you build a champion while still digging out of Hurney's debt and bad contracts--some still on the books.  Hats off to GMAN

Archived