• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

stewart

AKPantherFan

When you line up and run the same play on first down like five consecutive times what do you expect?  I mean, if our offensive coordinator is more worried about running clock than gaining yardage how can we blame the poor guy who was forced to run into a mass of humanity over and over again with little hope of success?  It was basically like we just wanted to get first down out of the way so we could try to run our offense on second and third down.  Don't know if its because our OC is a brain dead moron, or that our HC coach values time of possession more than points scored.  The one person I don't blame, however, is the RB who was put in a no win situation again and again.

This guy nailed it.

funny.  I coach football. Guess your right 

56 yards. 3.1ypc 

how much $$$

Lol have fun with those 2 yard runs  

Shula coaches football also, so that ain't saying much.

It was the coach that kept running Stewart into a brick wall due to the Jags' selling out on the run and our O-line's inability to get a push later in the game that skewed Stews stats. Any coach worth his salt should easily be able to see that truth. Moreover, any coach should be able to appreciate receptions as well. 

So, yeah, I am right.

How is this shula's fault? I think some are going out of their way to blame shual, our o line isn't healthy but besides that our wr don't scare anyone, so a stacked box is what to look forward to yet another season until our guys make teams pay for it

You answered your own question. 8 in the box on 1st downs and we continue to just run right up the gut. They knew it was coming and he just stuck with it. Stewart was running well initially but then then focused in on him. Shula just kept beating Stew's head against the wall.

OL blocking was poor in preseason and it was a worry of mine going into today. So why not use the faster guys and try to go off tackle, or anywhere other than the damn A gap?

Honestly within our first 2 drives every running back on the roster had a run

i was impressed. 

Im not talking crap about Stewart, but I am. 

Would you you make excuses for any other player? You get the ball as a RB your job is to make people missand run downhill. 

Honestly, he looked really good early, but then u could tell he just lost momentum and looked tired.  

Put it in the rookie. 

You answered your own question. 8 in the box on 1st downs and we continue to just run right up the gut. They knew it was coming and he just stuck with it. Stewart was running well initially but then then focused in on him. Shula just kept beating Stew's head against the wall.

OL blocking was poor in preseason and it was a worry of mine going into today. So why not use the faster guys and try to go off tackle, or anywhere other than the damn A gap?

guys weren't making catches or getting open, stewart was running great the 1st half when we went pass heavy. Second half seem like we got complacent after norman scored idk who to fault for that shula or ron, but that's been happening before shula got here. I aslo don't know who's in charge of subs becuase i agree a change of pace rb like cap would have been a nice wrinkle but i guess those carries went to fozzy. All in all,without the same mistakes we have had for the past 3 years we left i believe 20 points on the board which is unacceptable and were all due to execution then play call.

difference between a superbowl winning team and a playoff team is execution, under ron our execution has been sloppy year in and out until late season, he needs to step it up or we need to find a replacement because we will never win a superbowl like that and that's being brutally honest 

Archived