• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Any updates on Luke?

AKPantherFan

Yeah, the hit was horrible. If I remember correctly it looked like he stumbled a little bit then fell into the guy head first. 

Very scary moment. My wife and I both were holding our breath. I was expecting them to have to take him out on a stretcher. 

Yeah, and vermil (right?) tackling him probably didn't help. lol. 

But, whe he did get up and started yelling at the defense I was very encouraged and expected to at least see him back on the sideline cheerleading. 

I just hope it's not worse than what they say. 

That hit looked pretty bad off. Luke had no idea where he was for awhile. It reminded me of when an animal gets hit crossing the street and the shock/stun of what happened has them wandering. It eased my concerns a little bit when he was pumping his defense up as he walked off, like a true leader. Glad he didn't come back in the game and hope that it wasn't so severe that his long-term health is a concern moving forward. Luke plays at one speed and concussion concerns don't fit that speed at all. 

Hope he's doing better and the Panthers are smart with his diagnosis. I wonder if Chris Borland is reaching out to him too.

He's lucky he didn't break his neck..

It definitely looked more of a neck stinger than concussion, like his body was in a shock/not responding even though he did.  If it was a bad concussion he would have not been responding by encouraging his teammates.  Hopefully good news will come in soon but I have never seen him ever tackle so poorly, even my fiance said during preseason that Luke was being himself on the field or looked like the same player but she doesn't know football that much lol.  Keep pounding Luke, keep pounding Williams, and keep pounding Panthers!

How many times can we all recall Luke tackle with his head down, 0!  His tackling technique is like the golden standard for kids to model and professionals.  Hopefully this is the last scare this year for the team. Get all the bad luck out early unlike last year.

Archived