• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Beef rib smoking advice for the Panther/Texans game

SCP

Are you just talking cook times and temperatures, or are you also talking about glazes, rubs, and sauces?

I was going to use my dry rub but I'm talking prep, cook time, the whole enchilada. Do I rub them the day of or night before? Temp? Cool time? Do I wrap in foil at the end like pork ribs?

I was going to use my dry rub but I'm talking prep, cook time, the whole enchilada. Do I rub them the day of or night before? Temp? Cool time? Do I wrap in foil at the end like pork ribs?

No, youre gonna wanna wrap them in trash bags and then you'll want to gently place them in the nearest garbage can. Wait 5/min and then cook some pork ribs.

The only thing that changes between pork ribs and beef ribs is the cook time.  Low and slow is the best way to go.  I'd recommend going 225 degrees.  With any meat you're looking for the meat to separate from the bone.  You'll probably be looking at an 8 to 9 hour cook time, but I'd keep a thermometer handy. With rubs...typically you want to apply them right before you begin cooking the ribs.  This is because the rub will clump because of the water content in the meat.  So I'd recommend blotting the top of the ribs with a paper towel before you apply the rub.  You shouldn't have to worry about trimming the ribs, but I'd still check for any silver-skin or casing.

Hope that helped.

Archived