• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Just shout out to the Refs

Snake

You guys sound like a bunch of whinny saints fans. The majority of the flags were legitimate and the team played sloppy enough to get them called. They need to tighten up. There were more flags thrown in the first two weeks of the season than any other first two weeks in NFL history. It's not just us guys. The officials are flag happy this year.

Your bullshit theory would only hold weight if the Saints were getting penalized with the same enthusiasm, but they weren't.  Not to mention the numerous bad spots on both sides of the ball, for them and against us.

You guys sound like a bunch of whinny saints fans. The majority of the flags were legitimate and the team played sloppy enough to get them called. They need to tighten up. There were more flags thrown in the first two weeks of the season than any other first two weeks in NFL history. It's not just us guys. The officials are flag happy this year.

the shaft holding call against Brocken, the plays that never-gets called for roughing the passer every time Cam gets mauled after the pass-"just because he's so big," the bs hand in the face called against Ealy...I could go on, but we won despite the shaft.

If you really believe this you werent really paying attention. Using the "you sound like saints fans!" as a qualifier to try and validate what youre saying by discrediting the posters commenting on this reality is also really, really generic and actually is something a saints fan would do.

It's people who make excuses for the referees is why nothings being done. These calls around the league are extending games, favoring certain teams, and the spots all over have been atrocious. Lastly the no calls also favoring one team. This year is the year officiating needs to be fixed. I'm tired of this they are shitting all over these games this year. It is pathetic. With all these gates and problems the league is having these officials are making it look like someone's putting in fixes.

Fewer things annoy me more than fans blaming the refs for the outcome of the game.

This was not an obvious hose job because we a) won, and b) literally EVERY OTHER TEAM is getting hosed around the league with penalties this year. 

Thinking there's a conspiracy against your team is exactly what the saints claimed over their bounty situation. There were some bad calls today against us, just like every week with every team. but there were plenty of legitimate penalties against us as well. 

Fewer things annoy me more than fans blaming the refs for the outcome of the game.

This was not an obvious hose job because we a) won, and b) literally EVERY OTHER TEAM is getting hosed around the league with penalties this year. 

Thinking there's a conspiracy against your team is exactly what the saints claimed over their bounty situation. There were some bad calls today against us, just like every week with every team. but there were plenty of legitimate penalties against us as well

Your part of the problem.

Looks like the NFL wants another team to win the South this year!!  So many bad spots and only we get called for anything it seems.  Bad calls are one thing but only against one team is higher powers at work and these ref's seemed to know what the Higher Powers wanted. 

We won Three in a row despite the Officials. 

Your part of the problem.

I'm not making excuses for the ref. They're too involved this year in every game. I'm calling the conspiracy theories against us ludicrous because it's not just us, it's everyone. Watch more than just the panthers play and you'll see it's not a problem only we face, the Refs are too involved this year. 

ed hoculi's squad has a history of calling games in favor of the away team. this wasn't against the panthers...this was against the home team.

i remember i found a year or so back a site that kept a record of the number of penalties called on home teams and away teams and hoculi's group was one of the most lop sided in favor of the away team and i think i remember a comment being made that he didn't feel there should be a home field advantage and that he felt his role was to level the playing field.

i'll try to find the links.

*EDIT* not exactly what i was looking for and a little older, but still along the same lines. hochuli's group tends to throw more flags than most and most of his calls are on the home team. he's not the worst, but it's not close. http://www.nbcphiladelphia.com/blogs/birds-nest/Examining-NFL-Referees-in-2010-121361499.html

Thinking there's a conspiracy against your team is exactly what the saints claimed over their bounty situation. There were some bad calls today against us, just like every week with every team. but there were plenty of legitimate penalties against us as well. 

it's not "some conspiracy against our team," it was bs officiating that made great plays for us revoked and ended up rewarding the other team for nothing. 

Rewatch the game and tell me Cam wasn't hit after the pas at least 3-times. Watch the brockel block and try and tell me that was holding (it came after the ball was released so it wasn't a pick,) go watch the Ealy Rush and tell me he got anywhere near the o-line mans face. Each of those 3 plays ended up killing 3-and-outs and ended up with the saints scoring instead of our offense being on the field. It was atrocious.

Go watch Funchess getting groped on every play. Heck, I don't think we had one pass interference called against the saints all game. Atrocious.

Archived