• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

It's a Trap!

Jeremy Igo

It would not surprise me to lose this game and go on to win our next two.  I think that if Tampa Bay had quality veteran leadership and a recent culture of winning they would be very scary.  Even without that, they're plenty talented and probably happy to be back home.

Really wish we had Luke back for this one.  Can't afford another outing like we had against the Saints.

Well, you have a wrong assumption here on your part. 

When I say "Take this game against Tampa Bay lightly at your own risk." I am not saying your own personal feelings have an impact on the game. I am trying to prevent excessive reactionary threads, excessive whining, and such by individuals who thought it would be an easy game. 

I think he was referring to the other posters that seemed to be making the leap that this board taking this game lightly could/would have an effect on the players. We all know the Huddle is going to over react to whatever happens on Sunday. ie Josh Norman takes personal day equals traded/resigned/driving Ferrari going to Cubs games.

Wait...don't you WANT hyper-reactions on the board? I think you and Voth teamed up this week to troll the hell out of us morans and it worked beautifully re: ominous tweets that weren't ominous

• Pie 1

Well, you have a wrong assumption here on your part. 

When I say "Take this game against Tampa Bay lightly at your own risk." I am not saying your own personal feelings have an impact on the game. I am trying to prevent excessive reactionary threads, excessive whining, and such by individuals who thought it would be an easy game. 

So you're telling the people who would panic, whine, and bitch no matter what not to panic, whine, and bitch.

Good luck with that. ;)

• Pie 4

Whoa slow down, Drew Brees could not complete a pass because he lost arm strength. I am not sold on the Bucs being a good team. I think we are a hard hitting team, that is paying the price for that physicality. I think it is a tight game, but we prevail, then rest up.

Holy poo I just remote desk topped into a clients computer and their background was of Admiral Ackbar. Then I come in here to check this board and the first thread I see is Its A Trap. 

Good thing I don't believe in signs. :) 

• Pie 1

Just heard a good point on the radio...

The players don't think of this game as a trap game because of the injuries. Were they healthy and rolling teams then maybe it could be considered. But with all the injuries, the players know they will have to step it up and come prepared.

As for the rest of us...Huddle gonna Huddle.

• Pie 5

Cliche or not, any given Sunday....or Monday....or Thursday now as well, any team can beat any other team.  It's the NFL.  I personally don't believe in "trap" games.  These dudes get paid hundreds of thousands of dollars to play football.  To do a job.  They are grown men, this isn't a DI vs. DIII college game when 1 team really should expect to win.

They shouldn't be taking any game lightly, regardless of the opposing teams record or reputation. (and for the record I don't think they do, it's only fans that get overly optimistic or overly pessimistic).   I firmly believe our coaching staff has our guys minds in the right place.  Trying to "cut down" on reactionary threads and whining....I don't ever see that happening here.

Edited by dpm0409
  • Pie 1