• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Walking Dead Season 6

JJman Returns

Idk know what you all are talking about. Morgan is awesome, he brings civility and mercy to the show and he is still badass. They've turned the two best characters in the show Rick and Carol into borderline psychopaths. 

Remember, they function in cycles.  Rick and Carol are going to get some calming down from Morgan as they deal with the Wolves.  Then some other threat will come in, and they will go evil again, then back and forth.

My hope is that once Judith gets to talking, they change up a bit.  Maybe...  Though seeing how Judith grows up would be really interesting! 

Overall, season 6...I hope they don't pull a Dexter, a show that went on 3 seasons too long...  Ultimately, they'll have to create an end game.  I don't think they have that yet.  How disappointing would it be for Rick's group to just end up eat by zombies or killed in some random crossfire?  That would be very disappointing!

Idk know what you all are talking about. Morgan is awesome, he brings civility and mercy to the show and he is still badass. They've turned the two best characters in the show Rick and Carol into borderline psychopaths. 

I like Morgan but the thing working against him is they've spent entire seasons showing "good" equals bad things happening in this world and the audience has picked up on that so when we see a "good" character doing things with good intentions the audience has tendency to write them off...so they're gonna have to show if we are to take Morgans point seriously that the way he handles things can actually work in this world or the audience will just turn against him(which I already saw a little bit of this past week when he refused to kill the wolves and let some of them go)

People like those psychopaths characters...on just about every show.

I like Morgan but the thing working against him is they've spent entire seasons showing "good" equals bad things happening in this world and the audience has picked up on that so when we see a "good" character doing things with good intentions the audience has tendency to write them off...so they're gonna have to show if we are to take Morgans point seriously that the way he handles things can actually work in this world or the audience will just turn against him(which I already saw a little bit of this past week when he refused to kill the wolves and let some of them go)

People like those psychopaths characters...on just about every show.

I understand what you are saying here, but I think Morgan is the last shot at redemption character. They can arc the story through him as the last chance for people to put it all back together and create a society, even in the face of the threats. Morgan doesn't want to kill a single human being, but he will dispatch walkers without the slightest qualm. What he has is what it will really take to move through the now and make a future.

Now the Wolves, I just don't get them. That raid made no sense at all. They can get a tractor trailer rig going to crash through some gates, even work up some Molotov cocktails, but they can't find any firearms out there? Unless this was just a probing raid where they sent in some cannon fodder made up of psychos and newbies to their group, it just doesn't make any sense to raid like that. And the butchery part is either just to send a message or the writers just needed to add in some shock factor.

I understand what you are saying here, but I think Morgan is the last shot at redemption character. They can arc the story through him as the last chance for people to put it all back together and create a society, even in the face of the threats. Morgan doesn't want to kill a single human being, but he will dispatch walkers without the slightest qualm. What he has is what it will really take to move through the now and make a future.

Now the Wolves, I just don't get them. That raid made no sense at all. They can get a tractor trailer rig going to crash through some gates, even work up some Molotov cocktails, but they can't find any firearms out there? Unless this was just a probing raid where they sent in some cannon fodder made up of psychos and newbies to their group, it just doesn't make any sense to raid like that. And the butchery part is either just to send a message or the writers just needed to add in some shock factor.

I ended up rewatching the episode because my wife fell asleep the first time.  That's what we were having the biggest issue with, why the butchering?  If you're capturing people for new recruits, great.  Making more zombies, great.  BUT just tearing people up? 

Also, the black guy that Morgan and the priest had captured.  He said that "We're freeing you.  It's not safe here.  People don't belong" before Carol shot him.  Or something like that.  I'm curious as to what the Wolves' philosophy is.  Comic reference here?

I don't mean that Glenn as a character dying means that the show jumped the shark. I mean that if he somehow survives under those circumstances it would just be too much. He's on the ground surrounded by hundreds and hundreds of zombies in every direction. Pinned down and screaming at the top of his lungs. There is no way to survive that. Some people have said they think it was a dream sequence which would be even lamer than him just crawling away.

Nicholas fell directly on top of him. I just rewatched and he's definitely alive. Like this show is super deliberate in everything it does. There's a reason they shot that scene that way. There's a reason Glenn's "death" is left ambiguous. Like if they are really going to kill off beloved season one original they are going to make it clear and not leave it up to guesses. Why leave questions and doubts if he's actually dead? The show is too well run and written to just do a throw away death scene like that for Glenn. On episode 3 in like the middle of the episode. I don't think it's jumping the shark. The can easily writing it to make sense. And clearly he's filming currently so 

Plus the show runner announced this isn't the last time we see Glenn. 

Archived